– Xacto knife
– white paper placemats
– white plastic cups (for flowers)
– plastic eggs
– gold spray paint
– card stock
We used the same patterned and floral washi tape from our workspace post. These rolls of washi tape definitely go a long way.
1. Striped Placemats: These seriously take minutes to make! They’re great if you want custom placemats for a large group of people.
For the placemat, pick a couple rolls of tape you like. Create stripes of all different lengths and use scissors to cut off at each end. Fold around the bottom of your placemat or cut, and you’re done.
2. Washi-Dipped Flatware: We’re all about the bamboo flatware when entertaining a crowd. It’s eco-friendly, reusable, and looks a heck of a lot better than that plastic stuff.
For these, simply wrap washi tape around the handles of each piece of flatware. So cute!
3. Last Minute Cup Vases: Entertaining and need a quick fix for your flowers?
We used inexpensive white plastic cups and added washi tape to make them look a bit fancier. This one’s a total hack but we love it.
4. Golden Egg Place Cards: Golden eggs and washi tape? Oh yes.
First, take the top half of a plastic egg and use an Xacto knife to cut a slit at the top. The plastic may crack a little bit, but that’s okay. Spray paint the eggs gold and let dry. While they dry, create adorable name cards with card stock and washi tape. Simply cover the paper with washi, snip off excess tape, and write names in Sharpie.
And that’s it! You’ve got a sweet springy scene that takes less than 30 minutes to create.
What are your favorite homemaker hacks for hosting dinner parties, brunches, and more? Talk to us in the comments below.