Summertiiiiime, and the living’s easy. We have to admit, we have a bit of a sunglasses addiction around here. From $2 faux Wayfarers to fancy Kate Spade sunnies, who doesn’t love a new pair of sunglasses?
Instead of letting your already mounting sunglasses pile grow too much this summer, why not update a pair of existing shades? Here are 18 unusual ways to spruce up your sunnies – and, yes, glitter is involved.
1. Embroidered Sunglasses: We’ll start on the more subtle end of the spectrum. These aviators were embroidered using embroidery thread. (via Honestly WTF)
2. Two-Tone Sunglasses: Color blocking seems to have taken over summer yet again! These two wine sunnies were made with nail polish. (via P.S. I Made This)
3. Minimal Color Block: For a more minimal color pop, go for simple stripes on the arms of your glasses. (via We See Rainbows)
4. Pearl Sunglasses: And now to the less subtle looks. Likely inspired by Chanel, these glam shades were made using flat-back pearls found on Etsy. (via Mr. Kate)
5. Fruity Shades: For some reason, these make us want to sing that old sunscreen jingle, “get on the boat, the banana boat!” (via Threadsence)
6. Dolce & Gabbana Inspired Baroque Sunglasses: So into the floral trend you want to wear it on your face? A modern day Marie Antoinette would certainly approve. (via Honestly WTF)
7. Starry-Eyed Sunglasses: These scream fireworks, the 4th of July, and hot summer nights. And yes, sometimes it is totally appropriate to wear your sunglasses at night. (via The Fashion Junki)
8. Magnetic Tortoise Shell: This cool tortoise shell pattern was created using magnetic nail polish. (via Brit + Co.)
9. Sonia Rykiel Inspired Sunglasses: Sonia Rykiel and Chanel just might argue that pearls are actually a girl’s best friend. (via Doe Deere)
10. Polka Dot: This simple and fun trick can be recreated using a toothpick and nail polish, white out, or a paint pen. (via By Wilma)
11. Bejeweled Glasses: The jewels on these are old costume earrings! We love it. (via Style.it / Moda)
12. Miu Miu Inspired Glitter Sunnies: Who ever thought something Miu Miu inspired would be one of the more subdued options on any list? (via Because I’m Addicted)
13. Lace Aviator Sunglasses: Guess what was used to create the lacy effect on these shades? Nail stickers! (via Studs and Pearls)
14. Tribal Print: We love the white tribal inspired pattern on these, and think a fine point paint pen would make for even cleaner lines. (via Little Birdy Told Me)
15. Sparkly Cat Eye Sunglasses: For a different take on the cat eye, add a bit of glitter. (via The Glitter Guide)
16. Gold Beaded Sunnies: Stay tuned for our own take on beaded sunglasses in the next week! (via Glitter ‘N Glue)
17. Python Print Sunnies: Another win for nail stickers! Bonus points if you coordinate your nails with your sunnies. (via Studs and Pearls)
18. Yarn Bombed Sunglasses: We’re big fans of the yarn bombing street art trend, and love seeing it on a smaller, wearable scale. (via Refinery 29)
What do you think of these options for sprucing up your sunglasses? Any favorites on the list? Talk to us in the comments below.