What would a week devoted to rainbows and color be without a little yarn bomb action? Also known as guerrilla knitting, urban knitting, and graffiti knitting, this little act of infusing yarn-based color into the everyday is totally our jam. Here are 15 examples of yarn bombing that tug at our color-obsessed heartstrings.
1. iPayphone: Any play on a DIY iPhone is a win in our book.
2. R2D2 Hydrant: Star Wars love!
3. Wall Street Bull: There’s some prime punnery here.
4. White Crocheted Tree: Who knew yarn bombs could be bridal?
5. No Parking: Love this ode to the worst signs you can encounter when parking in a city.
6. Manhole Cover: I think the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would appreciate this.
7. Shopping Cart: You never thought a shopping cart could look handmade, did you?
8. Leg Warmers for Statues: The 80s is here, and here to stay.
9. Stairs: Stay tuned for our hack on how to make ugly carpeted stairs pretty!
10. Plant Bombing: We didn’t think succulents could get sweeter.
11. Rocking Horse: A more colorful, friendlier rocking horse for your kids’ room? We’re in.
12. Bicycle: I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my (knitted) bike.
14. Bike Parking: Parking your bike never looked so good.
15. Potholes: This is a super sweet way to fill in those pesky potholes.