Weddings, whether they’re big or small, are the perfect excuse to pull out your expert skills in all things DIY. We asked you to share your best Do It Yourself Wedding tricks and how-tos with us, and you did NOT disappoint! From beautifully crafted paper mache centerpieces to gorgeous wedding cakes, our favorite part of the contest was seeing all of your amazing creations. Want to see who DIY’d their way to the big day? Check out our winners below!
AND THE WINNERS ARE…
1. Paper Mache Floral Centerpiece: Talk about a fresh take on floral. This simple DIY combines two of our favorite wedding decor trends—paper mache letters and floral centerpieces. Gold lettering and beautiful pink + white roses give it that extra dose of elegance. (via Vicky B. on Snapguide)
2. “Naked” Celebration Cake: This unfrosted yet sleek-looking naked wedding cake is sure to be a hit at any summer celebration! Easy enough to make on your own, you can decorate this cake with summer flowers, fresh fruit and a little sprinkle of powdered sugar! (via Rebekah Kazmierowicz on Snapguide)
3. Wedding Dress Doilies Garland: Say yes to the DIY dress! This wedding dress garland, made from paper doilies, is the perfect reusable bridal decor. Great for the bridal shower, engagement party, wedding reception… you name it. (via Justine P. on Snapguide)
Do It Yourself Wedding Contest HONORABLE MENTIONS
1. Wedding Card Box: Forget having to hold onto your congratulations cards all night long. This wedding card box is perfect for collecting all of your guests’ well wishes + checks, and heck, it’s super cute to boot! (via Amelia Wine on Snapguide)
2. Stamped Cookie Wedding Favors: While Jordan almonds are a wedding classic, we loved this idea for putting your own personal stamp on some tasty edible wedding party favors. It’s sure to give your guests the sweetest of send-offs. (via Melissa Scott on Snapguide)
Thanks to everyone who entered our Do It Yourself Contest. We loved checking out all your homemade creations. Congrats to all of our winners!