6 Genius Dry Shampoo Beauty Hacks You Should Try
Dry shampoo is the true hero on days when you just.can’t.even with your hair. But amazingly enough, its powers aren’t just limited to bringing your unwashed locks back to life. Thanks to its ability to absorb oil and prevent static, you might find yourself using your fave spray for something other than taming your greasy mane. Here are six genius hacks to keep in mind.
1. Keep your updo in place. TFW your bobby pin is supposed to be holding your hair up, but it starts slipping out…nooo! Next time, spray dry shampoo directly on bobby pins before securing them. Trust and believe that they’ll stay put. (Photo via Brit + Co)
2. Tame those brows. If you’re in-between waxes or just need to hold unruly hairs in place, spray a tiny bit of dry shampoo on your fingers and smooth it over your arches. (Photo via Brit + Co)
3. Freshen up your sneaks. If your sneaks (or Toms) are on your odor watch list, spritz a bit of dry shampoo in them. Let it dry for a few hours or overnight, and shake out any dusty leftovers. Et voila — fresh kicks. (Photo via Brit + Co)
4. Sub in for deodorant. In a pinch, you can use dry shampoo as a backup for your deodorant. Spray a bit under your arms or on your perspiring back — just watch your clothing, as it can leave behind a residue. (Photo via Brit + Co)
5. Calm thy palm. If you are starting a new job or plan on being somewhere you know you’ll be shaking a lot of hands, spray a tiny bit of dry shampoo directly on your palms. It will stay sweat-free all day. #Likeaboss. (Photo via Getty)
6. Touch up your roots. Spritz a color-tinted version like Batiste Hint of Color Dry Shampoo ($7) if you can’t make it to the salon for a root touch up. No one will be any the wiser. (Photo via Brit + Co)
Looking for more beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.