13 Dry Shampoos to Keep Your Blowout Fresh for Days
From lengthening your dye job to adding volume and texture to achieve the perfect bombshell ‘do, dry shampoos and hair powders have been our go-to product because they help us rock salon-worthy tresses all week long. What’s not to love about a magical product that takes dirty hair and transforms it into an Insta-worthy ‘do? You can even use it on clean hair to hack day-old texture for messy styles. If you haven’t ditched shampoo for good yet, try one of these dry shampoo buys to test the waters. We promise you (and your hair) will grow to love it.
1. Fox & Doll Volumizing Hair Powder & Dry Shampoo ($5): Did you know we have dry shampoo at the B+C Shop? We love the natural bath and body products from SF-based Fox & Doll. A few shakes of the volumizing hair powder is enough to zhush up lackluster locks. Choose from two floral formulas: Lavender Chamomile for blondes and Cocoa Rose for brunettes.
2. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($12): Every once in a while we like to splurge on a professional blowout, and to make sure we get our money’s worth, we reach for a can of lightweight dry shampoo that amps up our signature style.
3. Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk ($20): Wonder how Taylor Swift walks out of the gym looking like she never broke a sweat? This can from the French brand Klorane is a cult (and celeb) classic. Throw this waterless cleanser in your workout bag and you won’t have an excuse to skip out on a pre-work cycle class ever again.
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo ($8): This cult classic comes in a ton of different scents and formulas — um, we’re getting a gold shimmer can RIGHT NOW — so take your pick or grab multiples for different occasions/moods. (At this price point, we don’t mind hoarding a few cans to keep under the bathroom sink.) If you’re a brunette, it comes highly recommended that you spring for the colored formula intended for darker tresses to avoid the ashy, over-dry-shampooed look.
5. blowPro Faux Dry Shampoo ($20): Don’t let the price tag scare you; you only need a tiny amount of this microfine powder, so it’ll last forever. A tiny nozzle aids in releasing the perfect amount to de-grease sections of your hair.
6. LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo ($14): The citrus extracts in this formula will help perk you up on the toughest Monday morning.
7. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($42): If you’re anything like us, when your hair is limp and lifeless, your mood matches. This luxe texturizing spray is a product celebrity hair stylists like Lauren Conrad’s ‘do guru Kristen Ess have in their go-to arsenal.
8. Lulu Organics Travel Size Hair Powder ($10): The sweet-smelling herbal scent of this hair powder is sure to put you (and your hair) at ease. Instead of packing shampoo for our holiday travels this year, dry shampoo will take its place.
9. Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-Powder ($26): We can’t get enough of Bumble and Bumble’s beach texturizing spray, so we know we’ll love their combination dry shampoo and volumizing powder.
10. amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo ($21): Yes, we are suckers for bright, punchy packaging. This cute spray tames cowlicks and helps us create a Bardot-inspired bouffant, and that’s reason enough for us to get two.
11. Aveeno Pure Renewal Dry Shampoo ($9): By now, most of us with colored tresses have transitioned to sulfate-free hair cleansers to prevent fading and stripping. Um, we want to rock this sombre as long as possible. This dry shampoo will make sure it sticks around.
12. Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo ($21): Keep this lemon verbena-scented scalp refresher in your desk drawer (or hide it in the staff bathroom) to nix dirt and buildup in a cinch. With frequent use of this formula, its blend of triclosan and tea tree oil will decrease dandruff flakes.
13. Naked Eye Beauty Organic Hair Powder ($20): This vegan, eco-friendly, organic and preservative- and additive-free hair powder is made in small batches by Jennifer Alden, the maker behind Cali-based Naked Eye Beauty.
BONUS: Did you know that Kérastase released Carré Lissant ($28) hair blotting sheets to soak up excess oil and banish dry, frizzy hair? They’re like dry shampoo in dryer sheet form, which makes ’em perfect for traveling. If luxury beauty products are your jam, you’ll want to grab a box of these to stash in your purse to have on hand for a bad hair day.
Have you joined the no ‘poo movement? Tell us which dry shampoo is your favorite in the comments below or tweet us at @britandco.