10 Easy + Delicious Freezer-Friendly Breakfasts
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but we know it can be hard to find the time to make a satisfying and healthy meal. It turns out the solution to yummy breakfasts can be found in your trusty freezer. We’re not talking store-bought waffles — we’re talking delicious, homemade breakfast foods that can be frozen and quickly defrosted in the morning. Get ready to hit snooze and still get a tasty meal before starting your day. We call that a win-win situation.
1. Breakfast Sandwiches: If you find yourself searching for a to-go meal for your morning commute, a freezer-friendly breakfast sandwich is for you. Skip the drive-through and grab one of these instead before you step out the door. (via The Kitchn)
2. Cranberry Orange Granola: Spice up your morning routine with homemade cranberry-orange granola. It’s delicious on yogurt, in a bowl with milk or on its own. Store it in the freezer, and munch away whenever you want. (via Cookie and Kate)
3. Honey Coconut Bran Muffins: Looking for a sweet start without that awful sugar crash? These decadent muffins are shockingly low in calories and sweetened with honey, making them an awesome treat with your morning cup of coffee. (via Skinny Taste)
4. Healthy Breakfast Burritos With Sweet Potato Hash: For those days when you’re running late, you’ll be so glad you made this gourmet breakfast burrito ahead of time. The wholesome ingredients will keep you feeling full all the way until lunch. (via Cookie and Kate)
5. Berry Green Smoothie: Smoothies are so refreshing after a workout, and they add a serving of fruits and veggies to your morning meal. This version is both delicious and nutritious, which is something we can get behind. (via Damn Delicious)
7. Raspberry Chocolate Chip Freezer Pancakes: Why yes, you can have pancakes any day of the week. Whip up a batch of these delicious raspberry chocolate chip pancakes, and you can satisfy your sweet tooth anytime. (via Yes to Yum)
8. Gluten-Free Banana Oat Pancakes: Gluten-free foodies, rejoice! This banana oat pancake recipe is the perfect option for a weekday pick me up. Eat it with maple syrup or with your favorite nut butter for a sweet start to your day. (via Cookie and Kate)
10. Nutella Raspberry Rugelach: Rugelach is a Jewish pastry that has a heavenly, flaky outside and is stuffed with whatever your heart desires. In this case, it’s filled with nutella and raspberries, making it an automatic crowd pleaser. Keep these in your freezer for when you have unexpected guests, a forgotten bake sale or you want to treat yo-self. (via Bakerita)
Do you have any other freezer-friendly breakfast recipes? Share them in the comments!