Skip The Bacon: 20 Vegan Breakfast Recipe Ideas
No matter what your dietary restrictions, these days, there are loads of recipes out there to cater to your habits. Whether you’re doing it for your health or for love of animals and sustainability, the universe just keeps sharing more and more delicious vegan options with us. So rise and shine. Breakfast is served, and it’s an animal by-product-free affair. Dig in.
1. Sun Dried Tomato Spinach Quiche: Is it still considered quiche if it’s egg-free? Answer: Yes. (via Hell Yeah It’s Vegan)
3. Spicy Chickpea Vegetable Pancakes: Eating chickpeas is a great way to add several key nutrients to your diet. Eating chickpeas as a giant stack of pancakes is a great way to wow your friends first thing in the morning. (via Calm Mind Busy Body)
5. Funny Face Pancake: The staple from our childhood goes grown-up with coconut milk and coconut butter. (via Hell Yeah Its Vegan)
6. Cinnamon Rolls: Just because you’re giving butter the boot doesn’t mean you can’t get in on that ooey gooey deliciousness. For those of us that need our sweet tooth fulfilled before heading to work, may we present, the seven-ingredient cinnamon roll. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Tofu Scramble: You know all those random odds and ends that you have in your refrigerator at the end of the week? This is perfect for those. Put them all together and you have yourself one mighty fine scramble. (via Blissful Basil)
12. Peanut Butter Banana Waffles: Peanut butter ups the ante no matter what you’re putting in your mouth. Add an infinite number of toppings to these waffles to change it up every time. (via Never Homemaker)
13. Chocolate Hazelnut Spread: No matter your diet, no mortal should have to go without a Nutella-esque spread. Add to peanut butter waffles and you have yourself the ultimate in breakfasts. (via Gluten Free Rosie)
17. Piña Colada Steel Cut Oatmeal: Rum first thing in the morning? Hey, we’re not here to judge. We’re here to eat. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
19. Pineapple Coconut Vitamin C Smoothie: Of course we needed to toss a smoothie into the mix. It take five minutes to make and 30 seconds to suck down. This is timesaving at its finest, folks. (via Oh My Veggies)
20. Breakfast Toast With Refried Beans and Avocado: Don’t fear the kitchen! If you can make toast, you can make this breakfast. And don’t raise your eyebrows when you get a load of those refried beans. They skip the lard and are 100% certified vegan. (via Serious Eats)
What is your favorite vegan breakfast? Let us know in the comments below.