Skip The Bacon: 20 Vegan Breakfast Recipe Ideas
No matter what your dietary restrictions, these days, there are loads of recipes out there to cater to your habits. Whether you’re doing it for your health or for love of animals and sustainability, the universe just keeps sharing more and more delicious vegan options with us. So rise and shine. Breakfast is served, and it’s an animal by-product-free affair. Dig in.
3. Spicy Chickpea Vegetable Pancakes: Eating chickpeas is a great way to add several key nutrients to your diet. Eating chickpeas as a giant stack of pancakes is a great way to wow your friends first thing in the morning. (via Calm Mind Busy Body)
6. Cinnamon Rolls: Just because you’re giving butter the boot doesn’t mean you can’t get in on that ooey gooey deliciousness. For those of us that need our sweet tooth fulfilled before heading to work, may we present, the seven-ingredient cinnamon roll. (via Minimalist Baker)
7. Tofu Scramble: You know all those random odds and ends that you have in your refrigerator at the end of the week? This is perfect for those. Put them all together and you have yourself one mighty fine scramble. (via Blissful Basil)
12. Peanut Butter Banana Waffles: Peanut butter ups the ante no matter what you’re putting in your mouth. Add an infinite number of toppings to these waffles to change it up every time. (via Never Homemaker)
13. Chocolate Hazelnut Spread: No matter your diet, no mortal should have to go without a Nutella-esque spread. Add to peanut butter waffles and you have yourself the ultimate in breakfasts. (via Gluten Free Rosie)
19. Pineapple Coconut Vitamin C Smoothie: Of course we needed to toss a smoothie into the mix. It take five minutes to make and 30 seconds to suck down. This is timesaving at its finest, folks. (via Oh My Veggies)
20. Breakfast Toast With Refried Beans and Avocado: Don’t fear the kitchen! If you can make toast, you can make this breakfast. And don’t raise your eyebrows when you get a load of those refried beans. They skip the lard and are 100% certified vegan. (via Serious Eats)
What is your favorite vegan breakfast? Let us know in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!