10 Egg Recipes That Will Make You Skip the Snooze Button
We long ago pledged unwavering allegiance to the egg: a flawless, versatile, delicious vessel of protein. It can be poached, fried, hard-boiled, whisked into a frittata, and served atop anything in your fridge — and somehow, it always works. Here it is in 10 scrumptious dishes that will make you want to eat eggs all day.
Egg-in-a-Hole Breakfast Sandwich: Crusty bread, gooey cheese, and creamy avocado are all you need to have a fantastic morning — besides a napkin for the inevitable (but glorious) yolk explosion.
Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs: Few things can make creamy, lemony deviled eggs better, with the exception of smoked salmon. It's chopped and mixed into the filling and placed on top for a salty, silky addition throughout. Even if you can't pronounce hors d'oeuvres, you sure can enjoy them.
Cloud-Egg Croque Madame: The runny yolk that cascades down the sides of this crispy, gooey croque madame and the insanely fluffy egg white on top make this breakfast so good, there's no way it's legal.
Bite-Size Eggs Benedicts: Tiny-fy this brunch classic by making it on a sliced baguette, but definitely don't go light on the hollandaise.
Parchment Baked Eggs: When the sink is already full of dirty dishes, turn to these dish-less baked eggs, cooked with sweet potatoes, mozzarella, and smokey spices inside of a very French parchment pouch.
Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata: Need to get rid of a dozen eggs? Toss them in a cast-iron skillet with olive-oily asparagus and soft, tangy goat cheese for a meal that would impress your mom.
Shakshuka: You're standing in the kitchen, eyes still halfway open, sipping on coffee like a zombie. Suddenly, the aromas of sizzling tomatoes, onions, red pepper, and spices waft into the air, and you're awake as can be.
Superfood Egg Sandwich The old-school egg salad sando gets a superfood makeover with Greek yogurt, spinach, healthy seeds, avocado, and watercress shoots. Pile it all on whole-grain bread, and you'll have a sandwich the office will envy.
Green Shakshuka: This shakshuka proves that green breakfasts aren't limited to cold smoothies. Wake up to something hot 'n' spicy with this tomatillo-spiked brekkie, ideal for eating with crusty bread.
Microwave Poached Egg: A fancy-shmancy poached egg can be yours after less than a minute in the microwave. Place it tenderly atop toast, salads, or whatever is left over from dinner last night.
Want more tantalizing breakfast ideas? Check us out on Pinterest!
(Photos via Brit + Co)
This post has been updated from a previous article.
- 20 Paleo Breakfast Recipes That Aren't Eggs - Brit + Co ›
- Treat Yourself This A.M. With This Fancy AF Egg Clouds Recipe ... ›
- This Pressure-Cooker Ramekin Eggs Recipe Is Ready in Less Than ... ›
- These Egg Muffins Are Like Single-Serving Frittatas - Brit + Co ›
- 10 Egg Recipes That Will Make You Skip the Snooze Button - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Incredible, Edible Egg Salad Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 15 *Breakfast for Dinner* Recipes Starring Eggs - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Savory Brunch Recipes That Are Totally Egg-cellent - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Clever Recipes to Use Leftover Egg Whites - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Egg Dishes to Cook Up for Easter Brunch - Brit + Co ›
- 16 Delectable Deviled Egg Recipes - Brit + Co ›