10 Time-Saving, Weekday Breakfast Recipes
Mornings are hectic enough, and sometimes making breakfast is the last thing you can manage. But skipping breakfast won’t get you very far during a busy day. Give yourself a leg up on the week by prepping breakfasts ahead of time or by making things you can take on the go. We rounded up 10 options that are guaranteed to save you time in the morning.
1. Breakfast Oatmeal Cupcakes: This is the easiest way imaginable to eat a bowl of oatmeal. Just make a pan of the “cupcakes” on the weekend, and you’ll have breakfast all week. (via The Loud and Clear)
2. Baked Egg Boats: One of our favorite breakfast recipes, these egg boats are easy to cut into slices and enjoy. Or you could make them with individual rolls to reheat when you get to the office. (via Spoon Fork Bacon)
3. Banana Dogs: We’re going back and forth on whether or not we love this or find it a little bit gross, but it is definitely an effective way to take breakfast on the go. (via The Domestic Mama & Village Cook)
4. Homemade Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches: We love a good breakfast sandwich, but they can be unhealthy and get expensive, really quickly. With this make-at-home version you can control the quality of the ingredients that go inside. (via Flying on Jess Fuel)
5. Kale and Goat Cheese Frittata Cups: You know we love anything that you can bake in a muffin tin, and these frittata cups do not disappoint. Plus, you can freeze the extras so you have breakfast on busy mornings. (via TheKitchn)
8. Oatmeal in Jars: Steel cut oats are the gold standard for breakfast, but they are time consuming to prepare. Luckily you can reheat them if you make individual portions in mason jars. (via TheKitchn)
10. Strawberry Nutella Pop Tarts: Okay, we didn’t say everything would be healthy. We imagine that these homemade pastries are a bit better than store-bought, but they are definitely an occasional treat. (via TheKitchn)
What’s your favorite breakfast to grab as you’re walking out the door? Tell us in the comments!