10 Eco-Friendly Products for Every New Mom
Any baby’s big birth day brings a whole new world of love. But it also creates a new set of worries, concerns, and general anxieties that a new mom may have never experienced before, because she only wants the best for her little one. Here’s where you come in: Whether you missed your co-worker’s baby shower or just want to gift your BFF with something that they can actually use, you’ll want to check out these awesomely eco-friendly baby products. Not only are they good for the planet, but they’re good for baby too!
1. GLO Fair Trade & Organic Elephant Crib Fitted Sheet ($39): This sheet isn’t just adorable; it’s also organic. Along with using 100 percent Fair Trade Certified and GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) Certified Organic Cotton, the cheerfully patterned fabric gets its bold hues from low-impact dyes that are also GOTS-approved.
2. The Honest Company Overnight Diapers ($14 for 21-30): No parent wants to wake up every hour on the hour to change a super-leaky diaper, which is where a specialized overnight version comes in. These hypoallergenic diapers offer plenty of absorption, are bleach-free, and are made without chemical-filled chlorine processing.
3. Roxy Marj Organic Woodland Animal Crib Fitted Sheet ($24): Is your friend getting frustrated by overly cutesy patterns? They’ll adore this imaginative, modern design and appreciate that the sheet is made from 100 percent organic cotton.
4. Attitude Little Ones Shampoo ($15): Skip the mega-dose of chemicals with the help of this baby bath product. It’s carcinogen-free (and what new mommy doesn’t want that?), veggie-based, biodegradable, vegan, and hypoallergenic to boot.
5. Natursutten Natural Rubber Pacifier ($12): This BPA-free paci is made from 100 percent natural rubber. It’s softer than silicone, phthalate-free, and available in two sizes.
6. Caboo Tree-Free Bamboo Baby Wipes ($16 for 216): Every new parent needs baby wipes. There are the obvious uses (yes, baby’s tiny tush), but there’s also wiping up spit-ups spills and everything else that comes along with an inevitably messy baby. These wipes are made from 100 percent organic bamboo spunlace, biodegradable, and BPA-free.
7. Nook Sleep LilyPad2 Playmat ($240): This soft, cushioned playmat is made from non-toxic materials, making it perfect for a new parent who’s careful about what touches their kiddo. Along with being safe-for-baby, this playmat is also machine-washable and constructed using recycled materials — and with nearly 22 square feet of space, your friend will be using it for years even as their baby grows.
8. Burt’s Bees Baby Non-Slip Footed Sleeper Pajamas ($9+): Made from GOTS-certified organic cotton, this sleeper is cuddly soft for baby, while the materials and design will ease any anxious parent’s mind.
9. Land of the Wee Hooded Baby Towel and Washcloth Set ($26): Made from bamboo — and super-soft too! If the new little one has sensitive skin, baby acne, or eczema, this is a product their parent will especially appreciate.
10. The Honest Company Baby Basics Gift Set ($16): Having trouble picking just one thing? Give the gift of eco-options! This set comes with wipes, diapers, shampoo and body wash, face and body lotion, and an all-purpose balm.
What your favorite eco-friendly baby gift? Share your pick by tweeting us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Land of the Wee on Amazon)