12 Clothes That Prove Embroidery Is the Coolest DIY-Inspired Trend
We used to think the easiest way to elevate your everyday duds without piling on the accessories was to scout pieces with embellishments. Last season — and even now still — that was fringe, sequins or gems. But lately, we’ve been spotting a different “e” amping up clothes in the coolest way possible: embroidery. This traditional craft seemed to turn into a cool-girl detail overnight, and with its array of modernly stitched designs, like updated florals and emoji-like icons, gave us an entirely new respect for needle and thread. An embroidered denim jacket, sweatshirt or silk dress is a surefire way to kick your outfits up a notch, so scroll through to see our favorite of-the-moment embroidered pieces — the new easiest way to make a style statement.
1. Front Row Shop Love Embroidered Sweatshirt ($45): Embrace love with this pastel pink sweatshirt embroidered with a well-placed heart motif. Style it up for Valentine’s Day with a black lace skirt and a bold red lip or keep it casual with white boyfriend jeans and some sparkly loafers.
2. Samantha Pleet Particle Silk Tank ($192) + Strata Silk Shorts ($229): This playful matching set makes for some serious outfit #goals. The jaunty geometric and 3D embroidery will rock with edgy platforms and a faux-fur topper.
3. Emma Mulholland Check You Later Embroidered Denim Jacket ($408): Enter the embroidered denim jacket that will be the life of every party it attends. Pair this showstopper with a turtleneck dress now and a crochet top and flowy palazzo pants come spring.
4. Free People Because You Are Mine Embroidered Top ($148): Proof that not all denim shirts are created equal, this floral embroidered option is a refreshing alternative to your everyday chambray. Go denim-on-denim or style it for the office with a bright-colored skirt and pumps.
5. Sen Wye Grace Embroidered Double Silk Dress ($645): Be it a winter gala or a fancy dinner, you will straight-up stun in this gorgeous floral embroidered silk dress. Pull out all the stops by accessorizing this strapless number with gold wedges and a classy minaudière clutch.
6. Truly Madly Deeply Initial Pocket Ring Tee ($34): For a subtle statement, this embroidered initial tee is as personalized as it gets without actually being a monogram. Pair with a button-front skirt or black skinny jeans and your go-to leather jacket for a casual, fuss-free look.
7. Pixie Market Yes or No Embroidered Word Sweater ($59): To buy this cream-colored crew neck sweatshirt or not: That is just one of thousands of decisions you’ll make today. If you’re looking for a pullover that pairs well with everything and looks undeniably cool no matter how you style it, then the answer is most definitely “yes.”
8. Madewell Embroidered Throwback Sweatshirt ($60): This is what #lazygirl dreams are made of, people! Comfy, cozy and so, SO luxe, it’s a hero piece in disguise. Pair it with chic joggers for the gym or team it up with a leather pleated skirt — the outfit possibilities are endless.
9. Reformation for Nasty Gal Girls Night Bomber Jacket ($108): Summon your squad: A night on the town is in order thanks to this edgy bomber jacket. Style it with everything from a free-wheelin’ jumpsuit to a deep V-neck maxi dress and no one will question where your loyalty lies.
10. Liquor & Poker Mom Jeans With Deep South Embroidery ($69): Leave the patchwork denim at home — this game-changing pair, complete with a rad floral embroidery design, is all the interesting denim you need. Not stuffy in the least, these mom jeans can be styled on the fly with a white tee and chunky platform sandals for a throwback look that will bring back all the feels.
11. Billy Ella Embroidered Star Boots ($228): Show your unwavering love for star gazing with these embroidered constellation ankle booties that are after-hours approved. Pair alongside a sequin dress and gold accessories for an extra fancy night under the stars.
12. Free People Embroidered Twill Parka ($268): Calling all boho babes: Your favorite distressed parka just reached the highest vibration. The tribal-esque embroidery found on the sleeves and back will instantly add some dimension to your morning commute or night out. For a military-inspired look, dress it up with a slip dress and lace-up ankle booties.
Which of these embroidered statement pieces will you be rocking this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful + fun style inspo.