See Emmy Rossum’s Easy Shoe Hack + 7 More Celeb DIYs
Cinco de Mayo is quickly approaching (break out the taco recipes, ppl!), and stars like Vanessa Lachey and Haylie Duff aren’t wasting any time gearing up for it, showing you how to prep for the big day with Cinco de Mayo party decor and cocktail ideas. Other DIY-ers, like Emmy Rossum, were less party-time, more fashion this week, showcasing some seriously cool new DIY kicks. But Lucy Liu perhaps says it best in her new clip for Guggenheim Studios, telling us “it doesn’t really matter how much of it is specific,” as long you’re creating. Check out the best celeb DIYs this week below!
1. Emmy Rossum: Emmy Rossum turned her kicks into some seriously cool (and unique!) art this week, writing “when shoes come with a permanent marker and your friends get creative.”
2. Krysten Ritter: Avid knitter Krysten Ritter (see what we did there?) buried herself beneath her new project, joking “winter is coming.”
4. Zoe Saldana: Zoe’s brood forwent the canvases and paper this week, using their own bodies to draw on, instead. “Like papa,” Zoe says.
5. Lucy Liu: Artist and actress Lucy Liu gives us a sneak peek into her Guggenheim studio art session series with this short clip. “Being an artist is just being creative and just being able to channel that energy towards something,” she says as she applies glue onto the pages of a book. “What I like to do is just express myself.” We can’t wait to see how it turns out, Lucy!
View this post on Instagram
These were Olive and Frankie's art pieces that they made and donated to our @childrensla art event with @shutterfly. They make fork tulips and hand print goldfish with cheerio bubbles. Thank you Jesse Sodd and Brittany Baird for always being my partners in craft time. I'm so proud of my daughters for being crafty! #proudmom
A post shared by Drew Barrymore (@drewbarrymore) on
6. Drew Barrymore: Prideful mommy Drew (and Lucy’s fellow Charlie’s Angel!) showed off daughters Olive and Frankie’s art pieces for a Children’s Hospital Los Angeles fundraiser, saying “They made fork tulips and hand-print goldfish with Cheerio bubbles. I’m so proud of my daughters for being crafty! #proudmom.”
7. Audrina Patridge: Audrina continues her forays into the kitchen with the help of Hello Fresh (and her man, Corey Bohan!) You make a great team, guys!
View this post on Instagram
#Monday morning got me like 😴 🍹🍋😎🍊🍾 I'm hard at work today, but I'm dreaming about this grapefruit/ coconut water #margarita! Recipe on realgirlskitchen.com today! #MargaritaVibes #cocktails #MondayMotivation (glasses & clutch in background from my friends at @thelittlemarket )
A post shared by Haylie Duff (@haylieduff) on
8. Haylie Duff: Hilary’s big sis is also getting into the Cinco de Mayo spirit early, sharing her recipe for a healthier spin on the marg with this grapefruit recipe(this one has coconut water!)
What tips will you use for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)