Whether it’s Cinco De Mayo, Taco Tuesday or any ol’ night, one thing is for sure: Our love of tacos is something fierce. They’re also the perfect meal to feast on as we enter the spicy hot summer season. Instead of hitting up your local taco joint, we’ve got all the inspo you need to cook up a taco feast at home. Pour yourself another margarita and enjoy these 12 unusual taco recipes.
1. Butternut Squash, Spinach + Black Bean Tacos: If you thought butternut squash was best served during the cooler fall months, this recipe will make you think again. The combination of lime and chili with the squash creates a surprising yet delicious flavor profile. (via William Sonoma)
2. Cuban Fish Tacos With Citrus Mango Slaw and Chipotle Lime Crema: All of that color from the fruit and slaw is like a delicious fiesta on your plate. The best part is that this recipe is both tasty and healthy. We’ll drink to that! (via Half-Baked Harvest)
3. Greek Tacos with Tzatziki, Olives and Feta Cheese: Add a little Mediterranean zest with this Greek-inspired recipe. Whip these guys together and serve them with a cucumber cocktail. (via My Blue and White Kitchen)
4. Lentil and Zucchini Tacos With a Chipotle Cream Sauce: Our mouths are watering just thinking about the roasted zucchini and cream sauce in this meal. (via Bev Cooks)
6. Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos: This vegan-friendly recipe is so good, even your most carnivorous pals will be eating it up. These would go great with a spicy jalapeño margarita. (via Clean Green Simple)
9. Beet and Goat Cheese: Beets and goat cheese might not be your go-to taco fillings, but trust us on this one. Topped with avocado sauce, this recipe will have you coming back for seconds and thirds. (via Girl in the Little Red Kitchen)
12. Curry Cauliflower Tacos With a Spicy Raita: This meal is loaded with delicious chick peas and cauliflower. The raita + sriracha sauce packs a serious punch, while the cilantro adds a fresh, cooling flavor. (via Chezus)
What are some of your favorite taco recipes? Let us know in the comments!