19 Taco Party Essentials for Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo is *right* around the corner, which means every guac, marg and taco lover out there is thrilled (to say the least). If you’re hosting a get-together this time around, kick your bash up a notch with taco-filled everything. Between the DIY piñatas, decked out snack table and everything in between, this won’t be your average May 5th. Whip up some guac, mix your fave frozen watermelon mint margarita recipe and scroll through to check out our 19 favorite taco party essentials you need to throw the ultimate Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
1. Printable Fiesta Invitation: DL this printable so you can send some snail mail to your amigos. After they find this in their mailbox, they’ll be ready to party like there’s no mañana. (via Balloon Time)
2. DIY Fiesta Bowls: It’s not a fiesta without some chips + dip. Make your favorite salsa, guac and maybe even queso, then serve them in these DIY bowls. Your presentation skills are officially on fleek. (via Sugar + Cloth)
3. Betsywhite More Tequila Napkins ($10): Nothing goes with Mexican food better than a little tequila, which makes these napkins ideal. Grab a stack and get ready to have a good time.
4. Roasted Cauliflower + Chickpea Tacos: Um, you *definitely* can’t call it a taco party without some tacos. Add this cauliflower, chickpea and avocado option to your menu for a recipe that your veggie and meat-eating friends will love. Look for mini tortillas to make ’em party-friendly — though no one will complain about the full-size versions. (via Two Peas + Their Pod)
5. DIY Avocado Piñata: The #1 rule of Cinco de Mayo (and every day, for us) is if you can top it off with an avocado, you should. They’re kind of trendy right now, but they’re totally a Cinco de Mayo classic. Put your DIY skills to the test and DIY this avocado piñata that will look just as good as the guac tastes. (via Studio DIY)
6. Taco Party Favor DIY: Say hello to the most clever party favor for your taco-filled fiesta. Pick up a set of taco cord organizers, DL a party favor printable and consider your little send-aways complete. (via Sugar + Cloth)
7. Mini Tacos + Tequila: These fish tacos topped with gazpacho and mini tequila bottles are seriously the cutest. If you aren’t doing a huge meal on the big day, opt for bite-sized snacks like this to add to the spread. Make little lime taco stands that do double duty when your guests wash ’em down with a little nip of tequila. (via Colin Cowie Weddings)
8. Vibrant Dessert Table: Okay, so Cinco de Mayo is all about the chips + salsa, but a dessert table is a total must at any party. Bake up a batch of cupcakes or your favorite sweet treats and amp up your spread with a DIY sign like this one. (via Inspired By This)
9. Choco-Tacos: Speaking of desserts, the *best* way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo dessert-style is with a few choco-tacos. To DIY them, make taco shells using a waffle cone recipe and fill them with ice cream. Top it off by dipping it in chocolate and sprinkles for an extra kick of flavor. (via Love Bakes Good Cakes)
10. Mexican Blanket Tablescape: Looking for the perfect way to add some serious color to your tablescape? Use a Mexican blanket table runner and mini piñatas to give your table some oomph. Oh, and the maracas are just an added bonus. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
11. Urban Outfitters Mini Taco Piñata ($10): When you’re throwing a party, sometimes the decorations are the last thing on your already-full to-do list. Pick up a few of these mini taco piñatas so you can check decorating and activities off your list STAT.
12. Sombrero Piñata Cookies: These sombrero candy-filled cookies are going to be the highlight of your party. Not only are they totally fun to DIY, your friends will also be seriously impressed that you made them. (via Tablespoon)
13. DIY Papel Picado Streamers: Paper flags are basically Cinco de Mayo’s BFF. DIY this budget-friendly option using a few rolls of streamers and a pair of scissors. Yep, it’s *that* easy to make your house fiesta-ready. (via Studio DIY)
14. 3 Bite Tacos With Avocado Cream: What’s better than the normal tacos that we all know and love? Mini tacos, because *everything* is better in tiny form. Follow this recipe to make delicious ground turkey tacos topped off with a drizzle of avocado cream. (via Style Me Pretty)
15. Polkadot Stationery Printable Decoration Kit ($12): If you’re looking for the easiest way to fiesta-fy your place, then this is your answer. DL these printable decorations, cut them out and get ready for your living room to look like Cinco de Mayo took over.
16. No-Bake Margarita Cheesecake: What’s better than a marg on May 5th? A margarita cheesecake. Opt for this no-bake option that’s totally easy to make and even more delicious than you can imagine. (via Brit + Co)
17. Taco Bout a Party Balloons: If you’re stuck on how to create a festive AF party, you can’t go wrong with mylar balloons. Pick up a few at the party store to spell out this phrase that’s *perfect* for your taco party. (via Studio DIY)
18. Watermelon Margarita: Everyone says Memorial Day kicks off the summer season, but Cinco de Mayo is basically the trial-run for the start of summer. Cue these refreshing watermelon margs that’ll keep you quenched all season long. Want to really tick it off right? Add a little jalapeño to a batch for a spicy surprise. (via Brit + Co)
19. Margarita Party Table: It’s not Cinco de Mayo without margaritas, so set up a table dedicated to a variety of margs in glass pitchers. Label each one clearly (especially if any contain jalepeño), and set up a variety of fresh garnishes for your guests to choose from. The cacti will add even more flair, and a few plates of food will help keep your guests from getting too festive at your fiesta. (via Brit + Co)
Are you throwing a fiesta for Cinco de Mayo? Follow our Pinterest for more party inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.