International Engagement Trends from Around the World
Ever since Dianna Agron’s secret Moroccan nuptials, our Pinterest wedding boards have gone global — beginning with the ring. With so many styles of engagement bling to choose from, what’s a fashionista to do? Whether you’re a fan of cool-girl diamond clusters and decidedly non-traditional rings, or a bare-bones minimalist looking to scrap diamond rings altogether, there’s an engagement bauble style somewhere in the world awaiting your ogling eyes. Browse through these 19 engagement ring styles from across the globe and see which country makes your wedding ring dreams come true!
1. Jucaa Designs Gold Turquoise Ring ($25): There’s something undeniably romantic about the raw, delicate look of this turquoise setting. Its minimalist perfection pulls on our heartstrings, which means it’s definitely bride-worthy.
2. Capucinne Turquoise Diamond Ring ($1,920): Incorporating the Native American aesthetic with a touch of blue turquoise makes this the ring for lovers of bright colors and bold designs. Everything from the shapes to the gorgeous center stone is making us swoon.
3. EF Collection Diamond Trio Twist Ring ($935): If you’re a fellow lover of all things French, subtle designs of small stones might be right up your alley. Consider opting for a gorgeous band of diamond clusters, just as your inner Frenchie would do.
4. Kirk Kara Angelique Band ($3,160): While the laissez-faire French mentality of understated chic makes big flashy rocks a no-no, a Francophile bride won’t miss out on the sparkle with an elegant band like this. Ornate and dainty is a très chic alternative to the big, heavy rock trends in Hollywood.
5. Anna Sheffield Bea Arrow Ring ($3,500): Some attribute the popularity of sapphires to Princess Di’s ring from the ’80s, but as the keepers of all things chic, French women have made the trend their own. Tending to look down on a big diamond solitaire, the French are fond of color sapphires, as seen on this B-E-A-U-tiful yellow gold wonder.
English Heartthrob Rings
6. Argent London Multistrand White Gold Diamond Ring ($1,229): This ring derives its roots from the British tradition of the three-band eternity ring. This modern variation incorporates the nuptial setting’s long-lost triplet into one dazzling band.
7. Ken & Dana Design Hanna April 2011 ($2,800): Here’s a sparkle-friendly glance at a traditional setting with the eternity band included. You can mix and match band colors or keep the bands uniform — you do you!
US Engagement Glam
8. Ken & Dana Design Molly April 2013 ($1,350): This ring is perfect for a semi-minimalist bride who still wants a healthy dose of glitz. The detailing of this rose gold wonder yields a faux double-banded style for a modern take on a classic style.
9. Rosados Box Mae Rose Gold Oval FB Moissanite and Diamond Halo ($2,175): The US has seen a rise in unique, vintage-style settings like the beyond gorg stunner pictured here. Couples have recently opted to mix and match trends, like rose gold with halo settings, which we definitely approve of.
Irish Nuptial Style
10. Brilliant Earth Celtic Claddagh Ring ($1,550): The Claddagh ring is one of Ireland’s longest traditions, making this romantic nuptial sentiment an insta-favorite of ours. The heart-shaped diamond gives the ring’s classic style a lovely, formal and feminine upgrade.
11. Celtic Wedding Rings Korrigan Celtic Engagement Ring ($1,945): We’re obvi always down for a unique center stone to blend trend with tradition. This romantic, Celtic style hits the mark with swoon-worthy engravings that will eternalize your love for your betrothed.
12. Gemvara Hillary Ring Marquise Cut Diamond ($3,535): This warm, rose gold rendition of the Celtic aesthetic gives us all the feels. It’s ornate and detailed with a gorgeous marquise-cut diamond center that’s a perfectly refreshing twist on an old classic.
Russian Betrothal Bands
13. Dinar Jewelry Trinity Wedding Band ($595): The entangled, triple-band style of this traditional Russian ring is a token of Eastern European simplicity, meant for the minimalist bride. For some added sparkle and a look that’s impossibly pretty, you can upgrade one or all of the bands with pavé diamonds.
14. Auree Jewellery Personalized Walton 9ct Russian Wedding Ring ($416): We love the nuptial trend of mixing white, yellow and rose gold. Tangle them together for a creative twist on the entwined Russian wedding ring, and we’re completely sold.
Japanese Nuptial Design
15. Kataoka Japanese Orchid Ring ($3,680): We’re undeniably weak in the knees over this engagement ring masterpiece. The intricate design is handcrafted and designed all the way in Tokyo, but it will forever hold a special spot in our stateside hearts.
16. Kataoka Sakura Ring ($2,936): Here’s another peek at the dainty, super elegant nuptial styles popular in Japan. The rose gold adds warmth to a design reminiscent of a snowflake, making it our ring of choice for a stunning winter wedding.
Indian Wedding Stunners
17. Studio Baladi Hindu Ring ($68): While no engagement ring trend reigns supreme in a traditional Indian wedding, bridal jewelry holds an important place in their often elaborate ceremonies. This subtly embellished gold band allows a minimalist-chic bride to seamlessly blend her personal style with tradition.
18. Meena Jewelers 22 Karat Gold Ladies Ring ($402): We la-la-LOVE the excuse this ring gives us to gawk over intricate and ultra-ornate Indian bridal fashions. This yellow gold creation, with its stunning etchings, leaves us totally in awe.
19. Noa Sharon Designs 14k Gold Indian Style Ring ($999): Between the dainty and ornate extremes of Indian nuptial styles falls this beautiful mix of the two. The yellow gold is a warm hue with a semi-matte finish, but still boasts the intricate design style that we adore.
Which of these international engagement ring styles suits your taste? Let us know on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.