8 Style Lessons We Learned from Dianna Agron’s Secret Moroccan Nuptials
Former Glee star and all-around bombshell Dianna Agron recently tied the knot with Mumford & Sons banjoist Winston Marshall in Morroco, and let’s just say, the style factor at their destination affair was SO there. The soiree makes Agron’s OMG-worthy engagement ring seem snoozy — which is saying a lot. We’re talking straight-from-the-runway Valentino gowns (serious wedding dress goals right here) and OTT headpieces that would make any bride-to-be swoon. Trust us when we say we were taking plenty of notes. Here, we’re sharing some of our favorite styling tips from the brief glimpses we had of the starlet’s dreamy desert fête.
DON’T BE AFRAID TO BREAK WITH TRADITION
Okay, so maybe that $20,500 hot-off-the-runway Valentino show-stopper that Agron was seen sporting wasn’t the gown she wore for her walk down the aisle (if rumors are to be believed), but we still think the shimmery stunner would make a killer alternative to the traditional white dress. All that sparkle and shine is most definitely worthy of the unforgettable occasion.
1. Needle & Thread Tabitha Gown ($1,700): 20 thousand dollars might be a little bit out of your wedding’s budget, but we found the perfect alternative to Dianna’s Valentino ensemble: this intricately embellished A-line gown that’s equal parts elegant and cutting edge. We’re swooning just thinking about the way it’ll look out on the dance floor, the beaded tulle floating with every step, and the silver beaded appliques twinkling in the warm candlelight.
SKIP THE VEIL
Veils are the quintessential bridal accessory, but that doesn’t mean you have to wear one. Opt instead for a statement headpiece — be it a gilded floral headband or a dramatic diadem — to show off some of that killer personality and put an unexpected twist on a traditional wedding dress.
2. Erica Elizabeth Design Star Tiara ($395): One word: obsessed. Snag Agron’s heavenly look with this celestial topper that sparkles in the light. Team it with a metallic smokey eye and an undone updo for a romantic look with RN appeal.
PLAY WITH PRINT
The couple’s wedding weekend schedule appeared to be jam-packed with chic soirees, and best believe Dianna brought her style A-game, showing up to each event in a different jaw-dropping dress. A girl’s got to have options, right? Whether it was for the rehearsal dinner, reception or after party, we can’t say, but this floaty boho maxi made for the ultimate after-dark look, especially paired with metallic platform sandals and a white head wrap — and offered proof that you don’t have to do the all-white thing if you don’t want to, girl.
3. Blueoxy Pink Floral Embroidery Dress With Cami ($81): Mark our words: This free-spirited number will straight-up stun the moment you enter the room. The vibrant floral print, coupled with sheer sleeves and a high neck, makes it the perfect pick for a whimsical garden party or a bohemian bash by the beach. The only thing missing? A bold flower crown and bright block heels.
SLIPS MAKE SICK WEDDING GUEST GETUPS
If you’ve been going back and forth on whether or not to rock a much-loved slip dress at your best bud’s upcoming nuptials, consider this Insta pic your official stamp of approval.
4. Reformation Amante Dress ($248): This streamlined slip is anything but blasé. In fact, it’s begging to be worn to a swanky celebration at an art gallery or an over-the-top ballroom bash. To achieve an unforgettable look that’ll earn you a spot in the wedding guest getup hall of fame (for all the right reasons), team it with asymmetric earrings, classic ankle strap heels and a lucite box clutch.
GLITZ AND GLITTER LOOK GREAT IN THE DESERT
Guests made the most of golden hour, donning glittering sequin-studded frocks and gilded accessories for an al fresco fête.
5. The Jetset Diaries Byzantine Maxi Dress ($288): Shine bright at an upcoming fall formal with this bronze sequin gown that’s red-carpet ready. A tasteful thigh-high slit and lace peek-a-boo panels are guaranteed to make an unforgettable first impression. Round out your ready-to-partay look with a luxe lariat necklace and a sophisticated updo to seal the deal.
IT’S ALL ABOUT AN ENTRANCE
Who needs a horse-drawn carriage when you can have a caravan instead? The newlyweds arrived to one of their wedding weekend events riding high atop camels donning brightly colored blankets and fluffy pom-poms that popped against the desert landscape.
6. ASOS Leopard Print Shift Dress in Jacquard Fabric ($68): Who says you can’t wear leopard print to a wedding? Take a page out of this guest’s style book and rock the all-over print for late night nuptials or as a chic party look. After the party there’s always the afterparty.
LOAFERS AND TUXEDOS ARE A MATCH MADE IN FASHION HEAVEN
In lieu of the traditional dress shoe, one of the couple’s stylish guests, real estate developer Steven Dubb, donned velvet loafers that were no doubt inspired by the wedding’s locale. The result? A flawlessly polished look that was nothing short of debonaire.
7. ASOS Tassel Loafer in Black Faux Suede ($38): Bypass the go-to, tried-and-true Oxford in favor of a stepper with tons of style. Loafers in lush black velvet or sumptuous suede are the perfect alternative to stuffy styles.
AN AH-MAZING ROBE IS ESSENTIAL FOR PRE- AND POST-WEDDING PAMPERING
Wedding planning takes a lot of effort, and showing yourself a little TLC during the process is key. Dianna and her girls headed to Soho Farmhouse for some serious R ‘n’ R, and you know they did it in style (fuzzy bathrobes and wellies are the height of British style, don’t ya know?).
8. Mango Printed Robe ($100): Be it a spa weekend or GNO, this silky floral robe brings endless styling opportunities to the table. Layer it over everyday denim and a turtleneck for a cake tasting, fancy-lady satchel and elevated ankle boots in tow.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.