12 Gorgeous Winter Wedding Trends for 2016
Maybe it’s the romance of it, but we are in love with the idea of a winter wedding. Just picture it: glittering snowscapes, open fires, hot chocolate toasts, twinkling lights and maybe even a bit of holiday bedazzle. If you’re starting to plan your winter wedding or have already decided that this magical and oh-so-cozy affair is a must, fuel your wedding dreams with the most sought-after winter wedding trends of 2016. From berry-filled bouquets to velvet accessories and stunning flower crowns, we’ve got 12 winter wedding trends to help you accessorize the prettiest winter wonderland wedding.
1. Long Sleeve Wedding Dress: Thanks to inspiration from Kate Middleton’s wedding gown a few years back, long sleeve dresses can be totally modern and fun and can look rad or royal. Plus, they are definitely going to keep you warm during your cool-weather nuptials. (Photo via Joel Bedford Photography)
2. Berries-Filled Bouquet: Winter calls for lots of light and branches, but also lots of berry-inspired touches. Curly willow, eucalyptus and pepperberries are all seasonal and will add serious dimension to even the simplest bouquets. (Photo via Sleepy Fox Photography)
3. Jewel-Toned Bridesmaid Dresses: Lush jewel-toned shades will make an epic contrast against a winter wonderland backdrop. And this color scheme can be adjusted to work for pretty much every skin tone, which is definitely a plus on our book. (Photo via Forever Photography Studio)
4. Sequined Tablecloth: ‘Tis the season to use lots and lots of layers. Our favorite? Sequin table linens or overlays. If an entire tablecloth is too much for your tables, you can also use it in smaller doses with sequin napkins or a table runner. (Photo via Charla Storey)
5. Flower Crown: Still the talk of the town, flower crowns are quite the showstopper! Look like bohemian royalty on your special day with this statement headpiece that will wow all of your guests. (Photo via Jacque Lynn Photography)
6. Velvet Shoes and Accessories: Whoever said the velvet trend died in the ’90s was seriously mistaken. From shoes to gloves and everything in between, this velvet look will keep you looking cozy and stylish while adding pretty pops of colors on your special day. (Photo via Justin DeMutiis Photography)
7. Berry Lips: When it comes to makeup, this season is all about a bold berry lip color (like a jewel-toned raspberry) paired with neutral bases to balance the whole look. Try berry lips in either matte or semi-glossy finish to keep it looking more modern and less goth. (Photo via Callie Hobbs Photography)
8. Faux Fur Coats: Winter weddings come with an added challenge: figuring out how to keep warm while still looking good. With so many options on how to keep the cold away, we love this faux fur coat idea for an extra boho-chic look for your special day. (Photo via Cory Ryan Photography)
9. Nature-Inspired Decor: Nature will always be welcome at any wedding, and these classy evergreen wreaths are anything but ordinary! These cute little wreaths will give winter weddings an extra holiday touch without being overwhelming. (Photo via Katie Stoops)
10. Ecofetti: Say hello to the new talk of the town. Ecofetti is fully biodegradable throwing confetti made of gluten and cornstarch, which is non-staging, non-toxic. This popular new trend comes in many colors so you can match your wedding colors or even choose white to create a snow-like effect. (Photo via Amy Karp Photography)
11. Berry and Branch Cake Toppers: We’re seeing nature added into every part of winter weddings, and cake is no exception. These berry and branch cake toppers are as adorably sweet as they are romantic. This goes to show that sometimes you don’t need to look further than your own backyard for some inspo. (Photo via Callie Hobbs Photography)
12. Coffee and Hot Chocolate Bar: And because sometimes all we need is a cup of coffee (especially for morning weddings!), this lovely coffee station is a must these days. Add in a few handcrafted touches like a personalized sign and the results are awe-inspiring. (Photo via The Tomkat Studio)
How dreamy are these winter wedding trends? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspo.