Every On-Demand Beauty Apps You Need to Try RN
If you need a last-minute mani or blowout before a big date, important work meeting, birthday party, wedding — the list goes on and on — on-demand beauty services are a game-changer. Whether you want fierce nail art or glam makeup, there’s an app (or service) for that. Here are the top on-the-go pros that will have you looking fly, whether at your home, office, or hotel.
1. StyleBookings: Founded by internationally acclaimed makeup artists George Kyriakos and Vincent Longo, StyleBookings offers top editorial and celebrity artists in NY and LA — we’re talking A-list level hair and makeup talent. While services are on the pricer side ($180-$500), it’s to be expected, given the caliber of pros. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill Friday night blowout, but it is the perfect service to get you looking cover-shoot ready for a big event.
2. Stylisted: Stylisted is a marketplace where you can book on-location hair and makeup appointments from a network of vetted freelancers. Stylists list their services and set their prices, while users hand-select the pro who’s right for their needs and budget (unlike some other services that have set rates and assign you a stylist). Services start at $40 and are currently available in NYC, LA, Chicago, and DC.
3. maniorpedi.com: As the name would suggest, maniorpedi.com is all about nails — and nothing else. The company hires, trains, and manages a group of top-notch nail techs, which means you’re guaranteed a great mani (or pedi) without exception! Unlike going to your local nail salon, maniorpedi.com hand-picks long-lasting polishes only — choose from Essie Gel Couture or CND Shellac. Manicures are $45+ ($70+ if you want nail art) and pedicures run $60+. And we were over the moon to learn that gel removal is free! For now, it’s only available in NYC, but it’s only a matter of time before they expand to dazzle digits in more markets.
4. Zeel: While technically not “beauty,” per say, Zeel is so darn cool we had to include it. If you want a five-star massage in the convenience (and privacy) of your home or hotel room, this is the app for you. You can schedule in advance or book same day — even if it is just an hour or two in advance. Massages start at $105 and are available in more than 40 US cities.
5. The Ritualist: The Ritualist is changing the game when it comes to facials! The on-demand service sends licensed estheticians straight to your door to analyze, treat, and pamper your skin. Appointments — signature facial ($69), microderm ($89), and glycolic peel ($89) — are available seven days a week from nine in the morning to nine at night.
6. TheGlamApp: What started as a passion project of actress and fashionista Cara Santana and her pal celebrity stylist Joey Maalouf has turned into a major player in the on-demand beauty space. TheGlamApp allows women — in 20+ cities and counting — to book a range of affordable beauty services (prices start at $40) from blowouts to makeup to polish changes.
7. Glamsquad: One of the pioneer on-demand beauty apps, GlamSquad delivers hair, makeup, and nail pros straight to your door. Simply select your service, date, time, location, and payment method and poof — you have an appointment with a pro. Services cost $35+ and are available in NYC, Miami, LA, and DC.
8. PRIV: PRIV is a one-stop shop, err app, for all things beauty… and fitness?! Whether you want a blowout, spray tan, private yoga class, or a post-workout passage, you can book it on the app. And did we mention they just launched facials three weeks ago?! Services start at $35 and are available in NYC, LA, Austin, and London.
For all things beauty, follow us on Pinterest.