If you’re going to take the time to apply a shimmery shadow or create a perfect cat eye, it’s important to prep your eyes, including your lids. The delicate area often falls victim to dryness or wrinkles, which can impede that expertly applied look you’re going for. Here, seven products that will combat crepey skin to keep the area silky smooth and ready for makeup.
1. Juice Beauty Smoothing Eye Concentrate ($29): Hydrating the thin skin in your eye zone is crucial if you want to maintain a crease-free look, and this organic buy offers a ton of moisturizing properties from fatty acids, vitamins, and grape and carrot juices.
2. Burt’s Bees Renewal Smoothing Eye Cream ($20): Thanks to hibiscus and apple extracts, this lightweight cream seals moisture in the skin and firms up drooping areas.
3. Farmacy Eye Dew Total Eye Cream With Echinacea GreenEnvy ($38): This vitamin-rich cream plumps skin with rose hip extract, evens tone with cichoric acid, and reduces redness and irritation with calendula extracts.
4. The Body Shop Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream ($22): Babassu oil brings vitality back to tired eyes, while organic alfalfa extract tightens fine lines and calms bumpy irritation.
5. First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy Overnight Balm ($38): Let this balm work its magic on your upper and under eye zone while you sleep. Tap it onto your orbital area — from your brow bone around and down to where those dreaded dark circles lie — so active ingredients like niacinamide and algae extract can tighten sagging, folded eyelids.
6. Caudalie Vine[Activ] Energizing and Smoothing Eye Cream ($39): This cream contains a patented “Anti-Cell Burnout Complex” that amps up your skin’s natural ability to protect itself (it’s all about those antioxidants). Beyond that, fern, licorice, and horse chestnut extracts work together to boost the appearance of sagging skin.
7. Perricone MD Acyl-Glutathione Eye Lid Serum ($120): This tightening serum/primer hybrid fights creases, wrinkles, redness, and dark circles.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.