7 Hydrating Face Oils for Oily Skin
Contrary to what you may think, facial oils are not reserved for dry or normal skin types. Their nourishing ingredients can be beneficial for oily skin too. “The right oil mimics our own oil production to work with your skin and not against it,” says Heyday skin therapist Cindy Cabrera. “It will trick your skin into thinking it produced it and not over-produce oil [as a result].”
Of course choosing the best oil for your complexion is key. “Jojoba oil is the closest to our own molecular structure, mimicking our sebum production,” says Cabrera. Incorporating it into your skincare routine can also help clarify acne-prone skin. Antioxidant-rich, free radical-fighting rosehip oil, lightweight grape seed oil, fatty-acid almond oil, and certain essential oils are also options. “Some essential oils are antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory, making them great for healing and calming breakouts,” says Cabrera. Her top pick for oily skin types is geranium essential oil, which helps regulate sebum and oil production, but she also recommends tea tree oil, lavender oil, and ylang-ylang oil.
Check out some of our fave hydrating oils for oily skin below.
1.Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Oil ($44): This facial oil contains brightening vitamin C, along with a fusion of jojoba and sunflower oils, to give your oily skin the hydration it needs.
2. Burt’s Bees Complete Nourishment Facial Oil ($12): The potent elixir fuses hydrating fatty acids, vitamins, and antioxidants alongside essential rose hip, jojoba, and evening primrose oils to rejuvenate dull skin and address fine lines and wrinkles, while balancing sebum production to prevent any greasy feel.
3. Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil ($40): Powered solely by marula oil, this product works to balance sebum production while plumping the skin with antioxidants and omegas 6 and 9.
4. Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil ($72): Made with a mixture of grape, blueberry, cranberry, red raspberry, and broccoli seed oils, this is one antioxidant-rich, all-natural pick your complexion is sure to love. These oils work to balance and brighten skin with a potent dose of vitamins A, C, E, and K, while grape seed oil quenches skin’s thirst with lightweight hydration.
5. Pixi Skintreats Rose Oil Blend ($24): Formulated with a botanical blend of soothing rose and oil-balancing almond oil, this cruelty-free skincare pick replenishes moisture loss, rejuvenates dull skin, and creates a plump, radiant finish. It absorbs seamlessly into skin, leaving a shine-free finish.
6. Botanics Organic Facial Oil ($18): Gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin, this argan, almond, bergamot, and dog rose oil combo lightly coats skin in moisture, omegas, and rich fatty acids.
7. Herbivore Botanicals Lapis Oil Balancing Facial Oil ($72): This hydrating, cult-favorite clarifying oil is crafted with 100 percent natural, pure plant oils (including blue tansy, kukui nut oil, and jojoba oil) to regulate sebum production, reduce redness, and prevent breakouts.
Follow us on Pinterestfor more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.