13 Nourishing Body Washes to Revive End-of-Summer Dry Skin
With constant exposure to the hot, summer sun, sandy beaches, and chlorine-filled pools, it only makes sense that your skin may be in less than optimal condition this time of year. And if you’re not restoring that much-needed hydration, you may be left with a body that is ashy and rough.
Introducing a nourishing body wash into your routine can solve your end-of-summer lackluster complexion, especially if you forget to slather on a lotion on the regular. To find the best moisturizing cleanser, turn the bottles around and read the ingredients. “Botanical oils, ceramides, essential fatty acids (AKA EFAs) such as linoleic acid, fatty acids like omega-3 and -6, as well as oatmeal are all excellent ingredients to look for on your label,” says Audrey Kunin, board-certified dermatologist and founder of DERMAdoctor. Also, look for a pH-balanced buy. “The skin is naturally acidic, so using a detergent-based cleanser robs it of its natural acidity,” she explains.
Scroll below to shop our favorite nourishing body washes so you can end the summer in radiant style.
1. LUSH It’s Raining Men Shower Gel ($10): Made with natural honey and exotic flowers, this shower gel will help skin feel smooth and hydrated.
2. Plant Apothecary Get It On Body Wash ($18): Made with 100 percent natural organic oils, this formula boasts a blend of sandalwood, cedar, and ginger to leave skin lush and soft.
3. Oribe Côte d’Azur Replenishing Body Wash ($42): For a luxurious lather of Calabrian bergamot, white butterfly jasmine, and sandalwood, look no further than this rich and decadent soap.
4. Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Creme Body Wash ($40): Aside from this wash smelling like the grown-up version of the vanilla fragrance from your high school days, you’ll be left with soft skin thanks to nourishing ingredients like almond and coconut.
5. Le Labo Rose 31 Shower Gel ($53): Nothing says gentle and soothing like rose, especially when it’s paired with vitamin E, olive leaf, aloe vera, and flaxseed.
6. EmerginC Citrus Kombucha Body Wash ($36): Kombucha is no longer just for drinking, people! Pair the probiotic-rich ingredient with aloe, grape stem cells, spirulina, pinebark extract, and tea for baby-like skin that is within reach.
7. Dr. Teal’s Ultra Moisturizing Relax & Relief Body Wash with Eucalyptus Spearmint ($5): After scrubbing with this body wash, your skin will soak up the invigorating and smoothing benefits of eucalyptus, spearmint, aloe vera, shea butter, and vitamin E.
8. COPPER+CRANE Luxury Spa Cleansing Milk ($20): Buriti oil extract lends this creamy formula a nourishing and exotic touch.
9. Dove DermaSeries Body Wash ($11): Dry, itchy skin is no match for this body wash thanks to its sunflower oil-infused formula that features natural lipids and mild cleansing additives to relieve irritated skin.
10. Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play Moisturizing Shower Cream-Gel ($25): With incredibly hydrating ingredients like cupuacu butter, coconut oil, and acai, every wash with this rinse will have you dreaming of sun and sand.
11. Raw Sugar Body Wash Raw Coconut + Mango ($7): Coconut soothes dry skin while the mango brightens dull complexions.
12. Nubian Heritage Body Wash Shea Butter & Aloe Vera ($11): This wash is formulated with certified organic and fair trade ingredients like cocoa butter, vitamin E, and shea butter and will make your skin feel hydrated and softened.
13. Dial Manuka Honey Body Wash ($5): Manuka honey boosts this lightweight, gentle formula.
Tweet us your favorite body products @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.