We’re Calling It Now: The 10 Style Trends That Will Be HUGE This Fall
Sure, summer isn’t over just yet, but it never hurts to start looking ahead — right? While the onset of fall might point to the end of lazy beach days and your one-piece swimsuit’s reign, it also means there’s a slew of new runway trends in its wake — and we are SO on board with that. Before you start building your arsenal of autumnal essentials, take a look through these 10 fall trends that are guaranteed to garner some serious attention this season (AKA solidify your status as a bonafide street style star).
1. Mes Demoiselles Vincenzo Pants ($320): The fabric of the season takes on a totally new tone with a slouchy, masculine silhouette that will redefine both your on- and off-duty style. Team them with a slouchy sweater and lace-up ghillies for a reading at your favorite local cafe, or a button-down, blazer and luxe leather loafer slides for the office.
2. Daisy Street Velvet Point Heeled Ankle Boots ($54): Slinky slip dresses and bell-sleeved blouses aren’t the only way to get the velvet trend right. Slip on a pair of these pointed-toe ankle boots with a bohemian midi dress or distressed cropped denim, and prepare to send tongues wagging.
Patent Trench Coats
3. MICHAEL Michael Kors Macintosh Patent Faux-Leather Jacket ($395): You’ll be welcoming gray days with open arms when you add a raincoat that’s equal parts functional and fashionable to your fall capsule wardrobe. When it comes to rain gear, this season is all about high-shine finishes. Try a brighter-is-better approach by embracing siren-red hues, or play it cool with a classic shade of black that transcends time and trends.
4. River Island Dark Blue Denim Pinafore Dress ($70): Why should free-wheelin’ frocks have all the fun once cool weather starts to roll around? Consider this zip-front pinafore the answer to all your style needs this season. Toss it over a striped turtleneck top, then pair with platform velvet sandals and sparkly socks (because, duh) for a look that toes the line between girl next door and glamazon.
5. Jeffrey Campbell Fosse Low Disco Platform Boot ($120): Whether the dance floor or the sideline is more your scene, this season’s preferred platform boots feel like a ’70s-inspired dream. Tap into your inner dancing queen with next-level hoops, voluminous locks and a silvery bomber jacket with Studio 54 appeal.
6. Free People Stardust Choker ($38): Dainty chokers calling to mind the days of old (think: ‘90s-inspired ribbon and velvet cord styles) have had their five seconds of fame, but now it’s time to move onto bigger, bolder things. This season it’s all styles that make a statement, whether through intricate designs or show-stopping embellishments.
7. P.E Nation Lace-Up Hoodie Sweatshirt ($179): All it takes to send those cool-girl vibes into high gear this season is a laid-back separate you likely already own: a hoodie. Snuggle up in a statement-making sweat — like this lace-up number above — boyfriend jeans and ankle boots, adding in dressier accessories and a painted pout for a chic edge.
8. Dr. Martens Pascal Viper ($135): Who doesn’t love a trend that’s both practical and envelope-pushing? Hiking and combat boots have emerged as one of fall’s most sought-after shoe shapes, providing a bit of extra oomph to feminine frocks and athleisure essentials alike. Style these snakeskin stompers with a denim midi skirt, a sleeveless mock-neck top and blazer for a casual Friday look that’s ready to kick some serious butt.
9. Tibi One-Sleeve Silk Blouse ($345): Off-the-shoulder dresses and tops are making a major comeback this season, but it’s the one-sleeve silhouette that really captured our attention. The look dominated runway shows, popping up at Rodarte, Herve Leger and Self-Portrait, and it won’t be long until they take control of your favorite contemporary labels. In the meantime, try this sophisticated silk number on for size.
10. C/meo Collective Two Can Win Top ($170): Metal details have slowly been infiltrating the fashion scene, with show-stopping buckles and geometric clasps making appearances on streamlined saddlebags and classic shift dresses over the last few seasons. For fall 2016, designers took a bolder approach, incorporating silvery details in unexpected places, like along the center line of this high-neck top, and infusing everyday pieces with a touch of drama.
11. Patagonia Women’s Down Sweater Jacket ($229): This is not a drill. Puffer jackets have officially been given the runway’s seal of approval, meaning your go-to everyday jacket is now officially an #OOTD essential. Take a style note from Stella McCartney, Marc Jacobs, Sacai and more by styling a bright outer layer alongside an elevated ensemble for serious haute contrast.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)