Fall in Love With Brit + Co Photography Classes
Fall is a lovely time of year. The leaves are changing, day trips are made to apple orchards and pumpkins are starting to make their home on front porches. It’s definitely a great time of year for capturing photos. Which is why we’ve been creating awesome photography online classes for you to take. In just an hour of time, you can learn how to finally use your fancy DSLR camera, take a friend’s fall-inspired engagement photos or simple take better photos with just your smartphone!
Plus, if you take one of our photography classes, make sure you participate in our Instagram challenge! How? Just tag your fall photos with #bcweekender and @britandco. We’re regramming our faves! Need some inspo? Start with our fall-inspired photo list above.
POPULAR B+C PHOTOGRAPHY CLASSES
1. Intro to DSLR Photography Online Class ($39): Learn how to use your DSLR camera and take photos like a pro. Jenna Kutcher is here to teach you how and when to use various camera settings, shoot in different lighting scenarios and set up photo shoots.
2. Portrait Photography Online Class ($39): Get ready to take kick-ass family photos with the help of photographer Sarah Deragon. In her class, you’ll learn how to find great lighting for indoor and outdoor shoots, pose your subjects and edit your RAW photos in Adobe Lightroom.
3. Phone Photography Basics Online Class ($29): No fancy equipment required! Get ready to shoot and edit beautiful photos with just your phone. You’ll learn styling tips and tricks, plus how to develop your own creative photography style.
4. Intro to Travel Photography Online Class ($39): Learn how to use your DSLR camera to capture dreamy travel photos! In Marianna’s class, you’ll learn how to change camera settings to shoot in various landscapes, pack photography equipment like a pro and touch up photos in Adobe Lightroom using VSCO filters.
5. Photo Styling Online Class (Pre-Order): Master styling a flat lay and lifestyle photo shoot. Trust us, your Instagram and blog never looked so good! Meredith Staggers of Cake & Confetti is here to teach you how to take swoon-worthing photos with just your smartphone!
Don’t miss out on capturing all those colorful fall moments. You’ll learn creative photography skills in the process. Plus, each class comes with exclusive downloads and guides for you to reference as you practice your new skills.
We can’t wait to see your photos on Instagram!
Already an awesome shutterbug? Check out our entire collection of online classes and see what sparks your creativity!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)