10 Fanny Packs You Need for Summer 2017
Bangin’ belt bags, Instababe-approved bum bags, throwback fanny packs — call ‘em what you want, just know that they’re making an epic comeback this summer. Maybe you’ve been testing the waters in seasons past or perhaps you’ve been working up the courage to rock one IRL like the HBIC that you are. Either way, fanny packs are so much more than just a short-lived festival season trend. Proceed to up your spring/summer accessories game with one of these 10 fannies that you’ll reach for every. Single. Day.
1. Vans Denim Belt Bag ($25): Round out your summer wardrobe of pumped-up kicks, cold-shoulder tops, and denim cutoffs with this uber hip denim belt bag. Plus, we’re kind of (read: totally) obsessed with the kitschy assortment of embroidered patches.
2. Merrimaking Watermelon Bumbag ($27): Have a designated beach day on your iCal, will invest in a playful watermelon bum bag to channel a work hard, play harder attitude.
3. Missguided Pink Transparent Glittery Fanny Pack ($22): Vegas-themed bachelorette party, here we come! When it comes to this glittery pink transparent fanny pack, you’re either all in or you’re out. Cue the ‘90s with a slew of rad stickers, a leather moto jacket, and Doc Martens for maximum impact.
4. Skinny Dip Pink Fluff Bumbag ($25): WTF-worthy in its own right, this fuzzy pink bum bag with athleisure undertones has Paris Hilton written all over it. Expect some stares as you make your way to the VIP section of da club dressed in your rock-star threads.
5. Clare Vivier Fannypack in Black Canvas ($245): You’ll be in California dreaming mode in no time — cruisin’ down the boulevard, windswept hair and all — thanks to this black canvas fanny pack featuring a signature red and green zipper.
6. Ban.do Swag Bag in Metallic Rose ($25): Consider this metallic rose fanny pack your new stylish sidekick in disguise. Dial it down with a slogan tee and a Parisian-chic ascot scarf, or hit the yoga studio like a BOSS with mesh panel leggings and a holographic track jacket in tow.
7. Illesteva Pelican Caramel Fanny Pack ($165): How to gear up for a Roman holiday, Audrey Hepburn style? We thought you’d never ask. Beyond a ladylike midi skirt and strappy sandals, we vote in favor of this beautiful cognac leather pouch that sports a minimalist design and simple fringe. It’s also perfect for stowing away just the essentials (think: currency, passport, and phone).
8. Reclaimed Vintage Pink & Turquoise Fanny Pack ($31): Pink and turquoise shimmer — you must be gearing up for a crazy GNO or an all-night rager. Black fishnet tights and a mini leather skirt aren’t even up for debate if you plan on busting a move (or two) on the dance floor.
9. Rack Addik All That Glitters Is Gold Fanny Pack ($48): For an entrance like “whoa,” give this metallic bum bag a spin around town with a neck-plunging bodysuit and high-waisted mom shorts, or take it to the beach with a scoop-back one-piece that commands attention.
10. Damoy E-Shop Leather Belt Bag ($283): For once, you don’t have to sacrifice fashion for function. This versatile leather belt bag will accompany you anywhere/everywhere (even the laundromat). This babe’s got the right idea: The addition of a straw boater hat, an off-the-shoulder dress, and some mirrored aviators will have you ready to dine al fresco in no time.
Will you test-drive a free-wheelin’ fanny pack this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming spring accessories trends!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.