8 Bangin’ Belt Bags for a Hands-Free Fall
There probably isn’t a fashion trend out there that’s flipped spots on fashion do-and-don’t lists as often as belt bags. Well, guess what, friends? Compact bags slung stylishly on your hip are a major “do” once again! But there’s a fine line between your grandma’s fanny pack and a haute hands-free bag. Believe it or not, belt bags were all over the runway this season, with designers like Alexander Wang and brands like Gucci embracing the hands-free bag. Take a trip down memory lane and get yourself one of these eight belt bags ASAP.
1. Another Line Calf Hair Belt Bag ($74): This classy belt bag is made with super soft calf hair and is absolutely gorg for day or night. It’s a totally sophisticated take on the ol’ fanny pack, so you can adult in style.
2. Michael Kors Sloan Small Belt Bag ($127): Just because it’s a belt bag doesn’t mean you have to forgo your fave designers. This tiny waist belter has just enough space for the essential phone, keys and debit card combo.
3. ASOS Leather Classic Fanny Pack ($28): We’ve come a long way from yesteryear’s outdated neon styles thanks to fab fabrications like soft leather and rich velvet. We can’t think of a better way to tote around your goodies than with this hip hip-hugging version of the fanny pack.
4. Zara Metallic Belt Bag ($36): Metallics are big during the holiday season, and this bag won’t disappoint if you’re a fan of subtle metallic hues and petite carryalls. The pouch bag is also perfect for days spent roaming malls and markets for holiday gifts.
5. Urban Outfitters Kat Suede Sling Belt Bag ($59): This pretty sling belt bag is major minimalist #goals. How could you not fall in love with its sleek, simple style and neutral tones? The cross body strap makes this waist-worn bag super versatile, so feel free to don it everywhere from running errands to happy hour at a wine bar, and keep your hands open for more important things (like rosé).
6. Illesteva Pelican Belt Bag ($165): This fringe belt bag is practically begging you to take it to a music festival. It’s also just chic enough to double as an actual belt for your daily denim or the midi dress of your choosing.
7. Herschel Supply Company Fifteen Hipsack ($30): If you’re more old school about your fashion choices, this Herschel Hipsack is the throwback you’ve been waiting for. Bring it camping or take it to the club — since it comes in over eight colors and will only set you back $30, you have no excuse to not grab a bunch.
8. Rebecca Minkoff Wendy Belt Bag ($195): Even if you have designer taste, you can still get in on the belt bag trend. This lined leather version has trendy fringe tassels and also comes in white, so you can get a jump-start on next summer’s festival season.
Looking for more fashion trends? Visit us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.