7 OOTDs for the Week: How to Accessorize like a NYFW Fashion Blogger
Style bloggers are known for their eccentric flair. But come Fashion Week, the stakes to show off your best style tricks are raised. That’s when accessorizing comes into play more than ever. After all, topping off a striking silhouette or classic pairing with an unexpected accent is what turns outfits from cool to covetable. So, we’re taking this post-NYFW week as an opportunity to look back and learn from the best (aka some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram). Scroll through these seven #OOTDs below for your weekly outfit inspiration including tips on how to accessorize like a street style star.
1. @gigihadid: NYFW’s breakout model Gigi Hadid shows how the right pair of shades can really complete the look. Her oversized mirrored cat eyes emit the same edgy cool girl vibes as her super studded biker jacket.
2. @susiebubble: Next level athleisere is all about prep school levels of spirit and less about wearing sweats outside. Blogger Susie Bubble wears her team pride on more than just her sleeve (that furry varsity jacket!) with a jersey inspired clutch and classic Chuck Taylor high tops.
3. @bat_gio: According to fashion writer Giovanna Battaglia, staying warm can be as cozy and chic as you want it to be. Play up the bundled feel with warm luxe fabrics instead of bulky layers like faux fur, soft suede and thick knits (extra points for Pom Pom tassels).
4. @eleonoracarisi: Italian blogger Eleonra Carisi scores a sartorial hat trick with this outfit that incorporates the three most majorly posh trends of fall: power suits, stoles and waist belts. Consider this your #Girlboss go-to.
5. @weworewhat: It’s hard to pick just one thing to focus on in this clique’s outfits, but when it comes down to it, it’s really all about the ’70s-style shoes from the star spangled ankle boots on blogger Danielle Bernstein + fashion writer Camille Charrière that would look just as good on the festival grounds to the office-ready knee highs on model Chelsea Leyland, it’s clear that breezy glamour runs from head to toe this season.
6. @lookdepernille: This season’s hottest pop of color is also the most versatile wearable hue: red. On an all-denim outfit like on Danish blogger Prenille Teisbaek, her purse provides a classic color combo that makes her look feel all the more put together. But this also works with makeup — consider your favorite red polish and lip shade equally important accessories.
7. @margaret__zhang: These two bloggers show how refreshing it can be to skip the standard accent pieces. Instead of reaching for a statement necklace, go with a thin scarf or bandana to dress up your neckline like Margaret Zhang, and instead of reaching for your beanie, try a just-as-casual, but more unexpected ball cap like Irene Kim.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do a #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with@britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)