7 OOTDs for the Week: How to Accessorize like a NYFW Fashion Blogger
Style bloggers are known for their eccentric flair. But come Fashion Week, the stakes to show off your best style tricks are raised. That’s when accessorizing comes into play more than ever. After all, topping off a striking silhouette or classic pairing with an unexpected accent is what turns outfits from cool to covetable. So, we’re taking this post-NYFW week as an opportunity to look back and learn from the best (aka some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram). Scroll through these seven #OOTDs below for your weekly outfit inspiration including tips on how to accessorize like a street style star.
1. @gigihadid: NYFW’s breakout model Gigi Hadid shows how the right pair of shades can really complete the look. Her oversized mirrored cat eyes emit the same edgy cool girl vibes as her super studded biker jacket.
2. @susiebubble: Next level athleisere is all about prep school levels of spirit and less about wearing sweats outside. Blogger Susie Bubble wears her team pride on more than just her sleeve (that furry varsity jacket!) with a jersey inspired clutch and classic Chuck Taylor high tops.
3. @bat_gio: According to fashion writer Giovanna Battaglia, staying warm can be as cozy and chic as you want it to be. Play up the bundled feel with warm luxe fabrics instead of bulky layers like faux fur, soft suede and thick knits (extra points for Pom Pom tassels).
4. @eleonoracarisi: Italian blogger Eleonra Carisi scores a sartorial hat trick with this outfit that incorporates the three most majorly posh trends of fall: power suits, stoles and waist belts. Consider this your #Girlboss go-to.
5. @weworewhat: It’s hard to pick just one thing to focus on in this clique’s outfits, but when it comes down to it, it’s really all about the ’70s-style shoes from the star spangled ankle boots on blogger Danielle Bernstein + fashion writer Camille Charrière that would look just as good on the festival grounds to the office-ready knee highs on model Chelsea Leyland, it’s clear that breezy glamour runs from head to toe this season.
6. @lookdepernille: This season’s hottest pop of color is also the most versatile wearable hue: red. On an all-denim outfit like on Danish blogger Prenille Teisbaek, her purse provides a classic color combo that makes her look feel all the more put together. But this also works with makeup — consider your favorite red polish and lip shade equally important accessories.
7. @margaret__zhang: These two bloggers show how refreshing it can be to skip the standard accent pieces. Instead of reaching for a statement necklace, go with a thin scarf or bandana to dress up your neckline like Margaret Zhang, and instead of reaching for your beanie, try a just-as-casual, but more unexpected ball cap like Irene Kim.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do a #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with@britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.