14 Insta-Worthy Hats to Top Off Your Festival Look in Style
It’s official: Festival season is in full swing. And while you’ve likely gotten your flowy frocks and fringe in order, there is one festival essential you definitely won’t want to leave the house without — a killer hat. While you’ve been craving some serious sunlight all winter long, a sunburn is something you could definitely do without. And beyond providing you with a bit of extra sun protection to keep your skin looking its best, a stylish topper is guaranteed to send your festival style game into overdrive. Because let’s be real — everything (including the obligatory braided hairstyle and boho dress) looks better with a straw fedora or wide-brim hat in hand. With that in mind, we’ve gone ahead and curated a list of #OOTD-approved picks that are guaranteed to turn heads and maybe even steal a bit of attention from the main stage.
1. Free People Carmel Straw Hat ($48): White cropped flares, flatform kicks, a swingy bell sleeve shirt and this blush beauty: This is how minimalist fashion darlings do festival dressing. Pull hair back into a low messy bun for an extra-effortless look in seconds.
2. Zara Denim Hat ($23): Double denim takes on a whole new meaning in the form of this wide-brim stunner. Rock it with overalls and an off-the-shoulder top for maximum impact, or take a more subtle approach by teaming it with a ditsy floral dress and field jacket.
3. Catarzi Wide Brim Straw Fedora With Pom Pom Trim ($77): Rainbow pom-poms? Don’t mind if we do! Add a burst of vibrant color to any festival-ready ensemble by throwing this bad boy into the mix. For serious free-wheelin’ appeal, toss it on top of a crocheted midi dress and clogs.
4. Harding Lane Embroidered Baseball Hat ($35): Athleisure aficionados, this one’s for you. Reach for this badass baseball cap to put the finishing touches on a cutoffs-and-basic-tee combo before hitting up a summer concert series or the main stage. Dr. Martens are strongly encouraged.
5. Brixton Sophia Tassel Brim Hat ($78): Tassel game strong. Sometimes you just have to go all out, and that’s where this statement-making number comes in. Taking a cue from traditional matador hats, it’ll add serious panache to printed jumpsuits and peasant tops alike.
6. Anthropologie Bellamy Floppy Hat ($50): Channel your inner beach babe as you sway to the beat of your favorite band with this floppy striped topper. Style it up with a no-frills romper and statement drop earrings for endless lazy-girl-gone-glam vibes.
7. Zara Embroidered Cap ($23): What happens when you take folksy florals and a classic tomboy topper and throw ’em together? You get the one piece you’ll be taking along on every music fest adventure from now until next fall. Whether you wear it with a carefully curated collection of closet basics or a chic suede jacket, you can’t go wrong.
8. ASOS Mono Floral Bucket Hat ($21): ICYMI: Bucket hats are back, and there’s no better time than your favorite festival to bust one out. This printed number partners perfectly with pinafore dresses and a neon mani.
9. Forever 21 Wide-Brim Studded Wool Fedora ($28): Yeehaw! Go all-out prairie chic for your fave band’s festival debut by topping off a lacy midi dress and loose waves (read: your third-day ‘do) with this studded wool fedora. For an extra punchy finish, don’t forget a swipe of bright red lipstick.
10. Hat Attack Raffia Braid Lampshade Hat ($95): Making a statement is kind of what you do, which makes this pomilicious chapeau a shoo-in for every spring and summer soiree on your iCal. Toughen it up with buckled booties and a leather jacket, or pare it down with gold gladiator sandals for some serious dancing action.
11. Free People Ring Leader Faux Suede Hat ($58): End-of-festival hair can get a little unruly, but this embellished hat will keep your mane in check (because even dry shampoo has its limits). Pop it on with an expertly tied bandana and a one-and-done dress, then watch as the compliments come rolling in.
12. Hinge Slub Knit Panama Hat ($38): Try this knitted Panama hat on for size alongside a strappy bodysuit and airy midi skirt for a laid-back look any It girl would swoon over.
13. Nasty Gal Brixton Magdalena II Wool Hat ($58): Whip out this wool lid when the sun starts to set. Perfect its cozy-cool vibe for an after-hours fête with a wool poncho, relaxed-fit jeans and lace-up boots.
14. Zara Coins and Decorative Band Hat ($40): Your go-to fedora is about to get an unreal upgrade thanks to a series of silvery coins and a stylin’ band with out-West flair. Up the ante on your festival getup by pairing it with an exaggerated cat eye that reads mysterious femme fatale.
Follow us on Pinterest for more spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.