10 Party-Perfect Flats That Will Make You Forget You Ever Wore Heels
With December in full swing, there’s no shortage of holiday cheer. The month may have kicked off with a new lineup of Starbucks’ holiday drinks and tons of tinsel mall decor, but now we’re getting into prime party season. Whether you’re rocking a seriously sequined party dress or switching it up with a pants-and-top combo, you’ll need some killer shoes to go with. If you’re looking to skip the sky-high heels this year or if you’ve always been more of a flat shoe kind of girl, then consider these fancy flats your go-to for every holiday celebration. After all, the shorter the heel, the longer you can break it down on the dance floor.
1. J.Crew Sadie Flats ($98): Honestly, what color is more festive RN than red? Our thoughts exactly. Pair this with a red party dress for a matchy-matchy look that’s actually on point.
2. Sole Society Nitsa Leopard Slip-On Flat ($90): We’re totally in love with the idea that leopard is a neutral. This shoe offers an unexpected yet chic finishing touch to any LBD or LBJ (little black jumpsuit, that is).
3. Shelly’s London Emma Oxford ($120): If dressing up is not your forte, keep it casual in these flashy platform sneakers. The wingtip details and metallic hue up the fancy factor for more casual outfits.
4. TOPSHOP Alice Two-Part Shoes ($40): Okay, so this sparkly flat’s color scheme may feel more Easter than Christmas, but hear us out — pink is a totally underrated and underutilized color option for holiday parties. Pair this with a bright pencil skirt and white blouse, and you’ll stand out from a crowd of black and red outfits.
5. Madewell Juliet Flat in Velvet ($138): These velvet triple-strap flats aren’t just charming AF, they’re lush blush hue is totally versatile for black, white or sequined outfits.
6. Zara Frill Detail Ballerinas ($50): Whoever said you had to give up being fashion-forward when you wear flats has obvs never laid their eyes on these gems. These frilly flats will step up your all-black ensemble in a major way.
7. Sole Society Cammila Flats ($70): We can’t help it — we’re always in the mood for a little glitter. This pointed silhouette offers a sophisticated spin on the typically saccharine glitter ballet flat. Try it with a menswear-inspired blazer and trouser combo to keep the look from feeling too girly.
8. KATE SPADE NEW YORK Cosetta Loafer ($258): This investment shoe is the perfect marriage of masculine and feminine style. The high-shine patent leather makes it a cinch to dress up, and that fluffed-up bow is *everything.* Try it with a fit-and-flare dress or fancy cigarette trousers.
9. Old Navy Pointy-Toe Lace-Up Flats ($27): The lace-up silhouette is a newly crowned classic for a reason — it’s incredibly chic. Give us a little gilded number and we can’t help but swoon. Go for a white dress and gold jewelry for an updated Grecian goddess vibe.
10. TOPSHOP Krew Furry Mule ($95): Okay, so we’re not saying we saved the best for last, but um, just look at these! They’re straight-up amazing. Slip these on with a black velvet dress and prepare to get compliments all night long.
In the mood for more holiday outfit inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.