14 Fresh Takes On a Bouquet Wrap
It’s time to say no to sad-looking bouquets wrapped up in supermarket cellophane. Instead, brighten up your blossoms with the help of this fun roundup of bouquet-wrapping DIYs for all of your flower wrapping festivities! Cute bridal party gifts? Check. Boutonniere ideas? Done. Ways to make your friends smile? Got it!
But hey, before you can wrap up your pretty petals, you need to make sure you’re up on your flower arranging game. Need a little help? Check out our swoon-worthy Flower Arranging 101 E-Class hosted by the gals from Farmgirl Flowers.
In just 25 minutes, flower arranging gurus Christina and Rhiannon will teach you how to source, prep AND arrange lovely floral bouquets and centerpieces.
Alright, let’s get wrapping!
1. Note Wrapped Flowers: Wrap up a small batch of blossoms with pretty personal notes made from little candy bags. This is the perfect DIY gift for your bridal party or a random act of love for your besties. (via a pair and a spare)
2. Simple Flowers Hostess Gifts: Along with some flower arranging tidbits, this tutorial shows you how to use wrapping sheets, butcher paper and ribbon to wrap up your pretty blooms. (via Waiting On Martha)
5. Vintage Music Boutonniere Posy: Add a handmade touch to your man’s attire with this DIY wedding project. Just add a couple of sprigs to a tiny DIY posy cone to make this unique boutonniere. (via Austin Wedding Blog)
8. Brightening A Friend’s Day: Does your bestie need a pick-me-up? Arrive at her door with a sweet flower bouquet that has your own spin on packaging. Patterned paper, anyone? (via Piece Of Cake Piece Of Mind)
9. Miniature Floral Bouquets: These French-inspired miniature bouquets are perfect gifts to hand out on Valentine’s Day. Yes, do as the French do with black cardstock and a metallic Sharpie. Et voilà! (via The Flair Exchange)
11. Spread Some Surprise Love: Wrap your blossoms in recycled paper (psst, old grocery bags!) and hand-decorate to give your bouquet a personal touch. Now go brighten someone’s day! (via Flax + Twine)
12. Newspaper Wrapped Flowers: Gift a vintage-looking flower package by wrapping your petals up in someone’s favorite read from an old newspaper. Who knew such a simple idea could look so pretty? And it’s so green of you! (via Express-O)
Feeling inspired? Be sure to check out our Flowering Arranging 101 E-Class to get started on your own personalized bouquet today!
Do you have other “fresh” ideas for bouquet wrapping? Talk to us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)