13 Foods That Taste Better in Sandwich Form
When you were a kid, you probably had to settle for a sad slice of turkey between two pieces of whole wheat bread that your mom packed you for lunch. BUT it doesn’t have to be like that anymore! We’ve found ways to turn everything from s’mores to french onion soup into a sandwich. Not only are they creative, but they also taste damn good. So whether you want a sandwich for breakfast or a sandwich for lunch, you’ll see that it can be way more epic than just boring lunch meat.
1. Mini Cheesecake Cookie Sandwiches: There is a lot to love about these delectable little sandwiches. Impress all of your friends with a plate of cheesecake-filled finger food, or keep them all for yourself. We won’t judge… (Photo via Isabelle Smith)
2. The Ultimate French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese: Now you can eat your favorite soup with your two bare hands. The caramelized onions are sweet and rich and the gruyere is nutty, with the perfect hint of sharpness. (Photo via Amanda Shulman)
3. Mini Bagel Breakfast Sliders: Breakfast always tastes better on a bagel. But when it’s a heavenly combo of cream cheese and lox, nothing is better. (Photo via Sarah Adler)
4. French Toast Monte Cristo: Are you a fan of meat, cheese, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla? Say hello to your new BFF. This sandwich combines the hearty taste of meat with the delicate taste of vanilla to create a meal that will make your taste buds sing songs of worship. (Photo by via Jennifer Cao)
5. The S’mores Panini: Substitute bread for graham crackers and you’ve got yourself a bomb dessert panini, no campfire needed. (Photo via Tarika Narain)
6. Hash Brown Breakfast Sandwich: This ultimate hangover cure is a bacon, egg and cheese smashed between two hash brown patties — AKA pure genius. Who needs bread when you’ve got hash browns? NO ONE. (Photo via Alissa Rothman)
7. Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches: A good ‘ol sloppy sammie stuffed with warm pulled pork and cold coleslaw? Yes, please! This spring and summer favorite is as easy as chop, simmer, pull, stir and serve. You got this. (Photo via Sarah Silbiger)
8. Chocolate Donut, Nutella and Coffee Ice Cream Sandwich: Sometimes you need to satisfy that sweet tooth at a minute’s notice. This ice cream sandwich is a quick, no-bake dessert that’s ideal for people who spend more time on math homework than baking formulas. Maybe you’ll even get an extra kick of caffeine to finish that problem set. (Photo by Bernard Wen)
9. Deconstructed Turkey Dinner: This recipe uses an easy-to-cook turkey tenderloin that cuts the cooking time from six-plus hours down to just one, and also includes dried cranberries and carrots to enhance that specific Thanksgiving taste. It is a great solution for leftovers: Just replace the tenderloin with any turkey you already have pre-cooked. (Photo by Parisa Soraya)
10. Veggie Hummus English Muffin Panini: Every vegetarian dreams about this sandwich, but what’s a vegetarian diet without some extra protein, right? Instead of your typical grilled cheese, add a layer of hummus to make it extra tasty. (Photo via Jade Hsiao)
11. Lucky Charm Cookie Sandwich: The best childhood snack (Fluff) is being held hostage by the best cereal ever (Lucky Charms). Why? Because eating your cereal with milk is so last year. (Photo via Kirby Barth)
12. Peanut Butter and Bacon Sandwich: No one can deny the savory and magical qualities of bacon. Whether it be for breakfast, lunch, dinner or anytime in between, bacon is one of our favorite epicurean delights. So it only seems logical to pair it with our beloved peanut butter. Case in point: this delicious PB +B sandwich. (Photo via Christin Urso)
13. The Pizza Panini: Sandwich or pizza? Pizza or sandwich? Now you can have everything you ever wanted for lunch between two slices of bread. (Photo via Tarika Narain)
Do you have any other noteworthy sandwich recipes? Let us know in the comments!