We’ve all had that feeling of lunchtime disappointment. You know, when you’re at work, it’s time to eat what you’ve packed for lunch and you wolf it down in five minutes just to find yourself unsatisfied and hungry afterwards? That’s the worst. Now you can avoid having those moments by whipping up one of these delicious meals the night before. Get ready to be left full and satisfied.
1. Honey Mustard Chicken: Pair this chicken with your fave grains and veggies to make a balanced meal that’ll keep you going all afternoon. And guess what? It actually tastes good, thanks to our friends Dijon and honey. (Photo via Alex Weiner)
2. Edamame Salad: The combo of edamame, cheese and almonds makes this salad a power lunch. Pack it with a side of rice and raw veggies and you’ll have yourself a healthy and filling meal. (Photo via Jenny Krane)
3. Chicken Pita: This lunch is super portable, and the pairing of chicken and creamy yogurt means double the protein to keep you full for hours. (Photo via Abigail Wilkins)
4. Open-Face Egg and Asparagus Sandwich: This recipe may not be your typical packed lunch, but if you put it in a tupperware, it should last. We’re thinking this one might actually be better than avocado toast. (Photo via Ashton Caudle)
5. Avocado Chicken Salad: This dish is cheap, easy, versatile and soooo good. You can eat it with a fork out of a container or slather it on some whole wheat bread for a sandwich. Oh, and it uses avocado instead of mayo, so it’s extra healthy. (Photo via Paige Pulaski)
6. Shakshuka: Shakshuka is one of the least known but most delicious dishes from the Mediterranean. You’re supposed to eat it out of the pan, but why not scoop some into a container and pack it with a few slices of whole grain bread? (Photo via Ashley Manning)
7. Sushi in a Jar: As much as we hate to admit it, sushi is expensive. But it’s also delicious and has a ton of health benefits. So go ahead and make your own version. In a jar, it stays fresh all day, and the brown rice and avocado make it hearty. (Photo via Gabby Phi)
8. Corn Salad: Protein? Check. Veggies? Check. Healthy carbs? Triple check. This salad makes the perfect plate and has enough variety that you won’t get bored. (Photo via Krysten Dorfman)
9. Mediterranean Pita Pizza: This recipe is basically a healthier, grown-up Lunchable. Bring it to work to make all your coworkers jealous of your cool-kid lunch. (Photo via Elyse Belarge)
10. Thai Lettuce Wrap: If you’re looking to cut down on carbs, try using lettuce instead. That may sound ridiculous and tasteless, but when you fill it with awesome ingredients you won’t miss the bread. (Photo via Angela Pizzimenti)
11. Quinoa Burger: Meat not your thing? Make your burger out of everyone’s favorite grain instead. The black beans in this burger add even more protein to last you all day long. (Photo via Sally Zhang)
12. Curry Vegetable Soup: Besides being filled with a ton of delicious veggies, this warm and flavorful soup fills you up without a lot of calories. Make a big batch, pour it in a thermos and lunch is all ready to go. (Photo via Rae Steinbach)
Have any more great lunch ideas? Let us know in the comments!