You’re regularly on the prowl for ways to inject major pep into your step — maybe it’s a little extra dazzle from your glitter-flecked chunky-heeled shoes, or perhaps it’s your pastel-hued cocoon coat that’s working overtime to deliver on the style front. Either way, we’ve uncovered the latest head-turning pant trend. This is NOT a drill: You need to run — don’t walk — to snatch up a pair of the season’s most coveted frilly hem crop trousers. Not only are they ridiculously playful (think of them as the exclamation point to every polished #OOTD), but you can actually rock them in the boardroom without any side eye from HR. Can we get an amen? Ahead, we’ve compiled 15 pairs of boss babe-approved trousers that are more than deserving of a spot in your lazy girl capsule wardrobe, ‘cause they’re just that dang comfortable.
1. Zara Frilled Trousers ($70): Can you count the ways to sport these frilled trousers that can be styled from a.m. to p.m. with a quick swap (or two)? The limit does not exist. Keep things profesh with a crisp button-down and two-tone loafers before slipping into a sheer lace blouse, a leather jacket and ankle-strap steppers for late-night cocktails.
2. ASOS Occasion Pants With Frill Hem ($49): Must you always resort to an LBD for black tie affairs and after-hours functions? Girl, you’re better than that! Resist the urge to blend in with the crowd (major snooze) by slipping into these blush-hued fancy pants that were made for shimmying on the dance floor. Proceed to pair these lightweight, silky-smooth bottoms with a basic tee or a sultry lace-up bodysuit, keeping in mind that next-level steppers will be in order.
3. Reformation Mesa Pant ($138): Say buh-bye to your day-in, day-out uniform of boyfriend jeans and a tee — when you want to look a tad more put together, kick it up a notch with these cropped black pants that will take you from brunch to happy hour. Ditch your squeaky-clean image by opting for a vintage rocker tee, a suede moto jacket and retro Mary Janes for a don’t-mess-around ‘tude.
4. Front Row Shop Black Flare Crop Pants ($56): Details, people, details! Though at first glance these unsuspecting black crop pants may not seem MVP-worthy, it’s the kicky little flares that bring the drama. Teamed with an architectural top, modern hoop earrings and a sleek leather satchel — oh, and don’t forget some ugly-pretty glove shoes — the result will be nothing short of groundbreaking.
5. ASOS Frill Hem Wide Leg Pant ($34): While we know it’s tempting to reach for your beloved Lululemons every time a case of the outfit blahs hits — or when you roll out of bed 10 minutes too late — here’s our advice: DON’T. Allow these laid-back chic wide-leg pants to come to the rescue instead. They’re flattering enough to be worn beyond the confines of your bedroom with a cropped sweatshirt and old-school Adidas kicks, and dressy enough to be teamed with an off-the-shoulder crop top and platform sandals for a night out.
6. Club Monaco Brionia Ruffled Pant ($229): Ultra-femme is the name of the game when it comes to these Blair Waldorf-esque ruffled pants that read urban sophisticate. Whether you’re stepping up to the hostessing plate or have a few fêtes to attend, let it be known that these flouncy bottoms are up to the challenge. Class them up with your grammie’s pearls, a bell-sleeve blouse (preferably in a rich jewel tone) and some sparkly pumps for a swoon-inducing getup.
7. House of Sunny Crop Kick Flare Pants ($91): Single-digit temps, you say? Eww. Bundling up like an eskimo doesn’t have to equate to sloppy sweats that really deserve to be kept in hiding. Introducing the wool kick flare trousers you didn’t know you needed, but now won’t be able to live without. Combat frightful weather in style by cozying up in a floor-length topper, an oversized knit jumper and pointed-toe ankle booties for all the style points this season — give or take a cheeky beanie and a swipe of red lipstick.
8. Style Mafia Jeny Pants ($119): Despite popular consensus, embroidered and patchwork jeans aren’t the end-all-be-all when it comes to hacking a trend-right look this fall. Case in point: These denim flares featuring an asymmetrical fringed hemline and a punk-inspired aesthetic are a definite nod to the ‘90s. Way more man-repelling than your typical cropped flares, these bad boys are begging to be styled alongside a silk pajama top, a hot pink faux fur coat and backless mules for a traffic-stopping getup.
9. & Other Stories Frilly Trousers ($95): When dressy culottes meet frilly trousers, these boardroom-approved slacks are the way sophisticated result. Just because you’re working in a conservative office doesn’t mean you always have to play by the rules. The unexpected hemline is guaranteed to catch the attention of the higher-ups, while lending instant panache to your nine-to-five uniform. Sign us up, please.
10. Zara Leather-Feel Trousers ($70): Listen up, fearless street-style mavens! These fierce leather pants need to be on your radar STAT. And none of this nonsense about not being edgy enough to pull ‘em off — the ultra-girly hem is an open invitation to toss on a pretty peplum top and chandelier earrings for a date-night-ready look. But don’t be mistaken: You can just as easily channel some RiRi swagger with a metallic bomber, a backward baseball cap and patent ankle boots.
11. Zara Pompom Trousers ($70): Pass up the opportunity to sport pom-pom-trimmed trousers with this much pomp and circumstance? Not on our watch. We’re pretty sure these were made for a fiesta, a holiday shindig or even a low-key vino night spent with your best gal pals. Pair them alongside a deep v-neck cricket sweater and suede mules for an upscale look.
12. Forever 21 Rehab Flared Pants ($48): Take note: When you find pants that fit and flatter in all the right places — bonus points, ‘cause these even come with an elastic waist — you make it a point to scoop up multiple pairs. TBH, there’s a good chance you’ll never want to take them off anyway.
13. SCMUTT Ruffle Trimmed Straight Pants ($118): Between the ruffled hem and deep mustard hue, these anything-but-predictable straight-leg pants are guaranteed to rack up the compliments IRL and on Insta. Be forewarned: They may cause you to break out in a spontaneous dance party at any given moment — they’re just that fly and ready to mingle. As for styling, rest assured they’ll look equally noteworthy with mid-heel ankle booties as platform loafers and contrast socks.
14. ASOS Farleigh High Waist Slim Mom Jeans in Washed Black With Flared Frill Hem ($61): Cool girl alert, cool girl alert! For all you babes who march to the beat of your own drum, we’ve got the *perfect* flared mom jeans for you. While the extreme high-rise fit reads downtown hipster, the frill hem makes it clear you’re not messing around. Complete your all-black-errthang uniform with a felt fedora, stripes and studded ballerinas for an alternative look.
15. Front Row Shop Golden Brown Flare Crop Pants ($40): Crunchy leaves, trips to the pumpkin patch and wooly knit pullovers. Are we sensing a theme here? You better believe these ochre-hued flare crop pants are the missing piece of the sartorial puzzle. Pair with an oversized mock neck sweater, a timeless wool topper and lace-up flats for an outfit that’s autumnal AF. And we mean that in the best possible way.
Will you be slipping into some free-wheelin’ frilly hem trousers this fall? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful outfit inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.