21 Non-Alcohol 21st Birthday Gifts That Help Embrace Adulthood
Your best friend, lifetime neighbor, niece, nephew, cousin, brother, or sister has their big 21st birthday coming up. While you figured you’d slap a bow on a nice bottle of tequila as a present, why not try something that will last them longer than the night? Check out our guide to gifting things besides alcohol to officially welcome someone to adulthood.
1. Tempur-Pedic Tempur Cloud Pillow ($70): Upgrade their bed game with this soft pillow that will stick with them for years.
2. Adina’s Jewels 14KT Gold Singapore Chain ($98): With age comes (hopefully) the retirement of necklaces and earrings that turn your skin green after a week’s wear; this simple gold chain is perfect for lifelong layering.
3. Viski Belmont Gold Plated Signature Corkscrew ($13): Say goodbye to opening bottles of wine with a dull paring knife. This sleek (and affordable) corkscrew will add some extra shimmer to any silverware drawer.
4. The Mini Bar: 100 Essential Cocktail Recipes by PUNCH ($20): They’re 21 now and most likely have no idea what they like to drink (or how to order it at a bar). Save them from a lifetime of bad cocktails with this recipe book.
5. Calhoun & Co Plants! Throw Blanket ($108): And after the drinks come the hangovers; this blanket will make a cozy accompaniment for the morning after.
6. Amazon Basics Microfiber Sheet Set ($25): Chances are they don’t have more than one pair of sheets for their bed. Make doing laundry less of a drag with this top-rated sheet set.
7. Instant Pot LUX60 V3 ($80): Upgrade meals with a handy kitchen gadget. The opportunities are endless with an Instant Pot; it’s an oven, a stove, a rice cooker, and slow cooker all in one.
8. Plantronics Backbeat True Wireless Earbuds ($150): These waterproof Bluetooth headphones are great for working out or running errands, and they can totally fit into a clutch for when the music at the club isn’t quite to their taste.
9. Tile-Mate with Replaceable Battery ($25): Never misplace a set of keys, a wallet, or a phone again; Tile will help keep track of their valuables.
10. Motiv Ring ($200): A simple and stylish alternative to chunky fitness trackers, the Motiv ring measures your heart rate and knows when you’re working out, sleeping, and everything in between — ideal for the young adult who’s always on the go.
11. Anthropologie Faceted Vanity Organizer ($48): Organization is important at any age, and this gilded vanity organizer will add some sparkle to a daily beauty routine.
12. Fujifilm INSTAX Share SP-2 Smart Phone Printer ($120): A major millennial problem is that all of their memories exist only on the internet. This photo printer lets them convert Instagram pictures into physical photos to keep forever.
13. Lord Jones High CBD Formula Body Lotion ($60): Being an adult can be stressful. Help them tackle newfound aches and pains with some CBD-infused lotion.
14. CrossCreek Pour Over Coffee Kettle Set ($50): It’s time to start saving, and what better place to start than by cutting back on an expensive Starbucks habit with this at-home pour-over kit?
15. Reston Lloyd Whistling Tea Kettle ($45): We can all admit we’ve had days of heating water in a pot on the stove for tea. Leave this problem in the past with this electric blue tea kettle.
16. How To Feed Yourself by Spoon University ($20): Help them back away from the ramen packets and step into the wide world of cooking real food all by themselves.
17. Baggu Standard Reusable Shopping Tote ($10): Growing up means swapping out plastic bags for stylish reusable ones. These Baggu totes come in a variety of sizes and can be stored in pouches to stay in a purse for any last-minute trips to the grocery store.
18. Anthropologie Tinsel Photo Clips ($20): Give them a place to hang up all of those pictures they’ll be printing with these photo clips, which also provide decor and organization.
19. Hidrate Spark Water Bottle 2.0 ($45): Hydration is the answer to many of life’s questions; this smart water bottle will glow to remind them to drink more water.
20. Slip Silk Large Scrunchie Set ($39): These stylish silk scrunchies are a hair savior; they’ll prevent tangles and damage that come from regular hair elastics.
21. American Apparel Unisex Denim Jacket ($70): The day is soon to come where college hoodies must be retired. Replace them with a totally universal denim jacket, a must-have for all adults.
What are you grabbing for the new 21-year-olds in your life? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.