12 Holiday Gift Ideas to Thank Your Babysitter
It’s time to celebrate — the babysitter! When you’re away, your sitter or nanny is the caring, creative, and downright magical individual who cuddles your kiddo and kisses boo-boos away so that you can get to the office or enjoy some adults-only time with friends or your S.O. With winter holidays on the horizon, it’s time to start shopping (or at least to start thinking about shopping) for the people in your life, including your child’s caregiver. While giving a cash bonus or a gift card never goes out of style, supplementing with these creative (and thoroughly thoughtful) picks makes a truly personalized statement.
1. Pride and Passion Shop Babysitter Mug ($17+): Show your sitter what they mean to you with this caped crusader coffee cup. You can even request a personalized version with their name or a special message.
2. Pottery Barn Faux Fur Eye Mask ($19): After a long day caring for your ever-energetic tot, the babysitter needs a serious break. Send them off to dreamland with this fab furry find that’s sure to show them that you know just how hard they work.
3. Agloves Sport Touchscreen Gloves ($12): The stream of texts you ask for aren’t exactly easy to type when the sitter’s hands are freezing cold. Instead of un-gloving, texting, and re-gloving, these touchscreen gloves make sending regular updates easy while on the go or building a snow fort with the littles.
4. oTZI Shirts Babysitter Shirt ($14+): You know how challenging hanging with the kiddos all day is, and this on-the-nose T-shirt totally says it all. Your sitter is sure to get a giggle from it too.
5. Compartes Jonathan’s Signature Truffles ($50 for 20): Sure, regular old candy bars are okay… But is your child’s caregiver just okay? Spoil them with this decadent chocolate gift box, handmade with seasonal ingredients. Yum!
6. Cardtorial Do What You Love Journal ($29): Whether the babysitter is still in school, enjoys writing, prioritizes staying organized, or just likes to jot down their feelings once in a while, a journal is a can’t-miss gift. Forget about boring mass-produced notebooks and opt for this creative custom find that speaks directly to their passions.
7. Anthropologie The World Awaits Travel Set ($40): Not that you want to replace your babysitter when they jet off on an around-the-globe trip… But if they have travel plans, this passport holder and luggage tag set is ideal.
8. Williams Sonoma Personalized Peppermint Bark ($39 for 1 lb): As if peppermint bark weren’t already the best traditional gift, you can now get it in a personalized package. Adding your sitter’s name or a short message to the front of the tin shows that you didn’t just pluck the first winter-themed candy you saw off a store’s shelf.
9. The North Face Nanny Knit Beanie ($30): Gift the sitter with something to keep them warm this winter. This hat’s chunky knit is cute, comfy, and sure to keep them toasty during long walks to preschool or anywhere else.
10. Everlane The Twill Zip Tote ($48): Your sitter is always shlepping around stuff to keep your child clean, occupied, and fed, and safe. Help her do it with a stylish tote.
11. Dr. Jart Mask Heroes Face Savers ($36): Give the sitter the gift of self-care with this set of six hydrating and brightening face masks.
12. DavaahsLove Kindness Matters Custom Canvas ($25+): Kindness matters, especially when you work with children. This personalized present will work wonderfully for any teacher or caregiver — including your child’s babysitter.
Tweet us how you make your babysitter feel appreciated @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.