Some people rise with the sun, and some people… well… don’t. Perhaps someone you know is simply one of those people who love to stay up super late, no matter how early they have to get up the next morning. (You have to admit, there’s something about the middle of the night that seems to make creativity flow, which is why the night owl life can be so appealing.) Then again, there are some folks who can’t help being awake no matter how hard they try to sleep. These gifts are perfectly suited to help your favorite night owl indulge in their late-night activities — or even find ways to get to sleep at a decent hour.
1. Wave Premium Sleep Therapy Sound Machine ($30): If your favorite night owl is desperate to get to sleep, let them fall into a pleasant slumber to the dulcet tones of oceans, rain, or just plain white noise with this slick sound machine.
2. Mpow Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones ($35): These headphones can hook up to any Bluetooth device, so night owls can play games or watch TV as late as they like without waking other people up.
3. Raniaco LED Clip Reading Light ($16): Is your night owl also a bookworm? This convenient reading light will help them get to the next chapter while their partners and roommates get some shut-eye.
4. SONGMICS Adjustable Bamboo Lap Desk ($32): Some night owls just want to lounge in bed but still stay connected. Your night-loving bestie can comfortably work (or play) on their laptop all night long (or even the next morning) with this elegant bamboo desk.
5. Govino Shatterproof Wine Glass ($20 for four): The worst thing about being a night owl is getting a glass of wine and accidentally waking up the whole house. These shatterproof glasses can help avoid any accidents.
6. Slip Silk Sleep Mask ($45): If your bestie is suffering from a case of insomnia, help them block out sleep-disturbing light with this comfy sleep mask. It’s light and silky, so it won’t put pressure on the eyes and lets the skin breathe all night.
7. BodhiNyx Jewelry Night Owl Necklace ($26+): Not to be too literal, but some night owls really like to take the label to heart. Give them a cute little reminder about how they rule the night.
8. SleepSweetDreams Early Bird/Night Owl Pillowcases ($25+): They say opposites attract. If you happen to know a couple who fit the bill, this pillowcase set is perfect for the pair that’s both up with the sun and active all night.
9. Super Print Shop Not a Morning Person Shirt ($15): Probably the biggest drawback of being a night owl is getting up the next day. You can probably bet your bestie isn’t exactly a ray of sunshine once they’re done pressing snooze.
10. This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray ($29): Aromatherapy can be greatly beneficial for night owls who need to finally get some shut-eye. This pillow spray has chamomile and lavender to encourage a peaceful sleep.
11. Marisa Tipped Faux Fur Throw Blanket ($129): Even night owls like to feel cozy. This faux fur blanket is good for all-night Netflix marathons and deep sleeps alike.
12. Deconovo Blackout Window Curtains ($9): Is your night owl staying up simply because of all the distractions on their street? Blackout curtains can be an easy solution for people who just can’t fall asleep quickly because of outside light.
13. Cynthia ON/OFF Switch Color Changing Mug ($11): If there’s one thing night owls need to get going, it’s a nice hot cup of coffee or tea. Flip their switch in the morning with this clever color-changing mug.
14. UncommonGoods Mr. Owl Touch Lamp ($195): This cute touch lamp is a great bedside addition for late-night reading. Just give it a tap when you’re ready to turn in.
15. Simply Defined Designs No Sleep Mug ($15+): “Eat, caffeinate, no sleep, repeat.” Finally, a mug that perfectly captures the night owl’s daily routine.
16. SleepPhones Bluetooth Headphones ($100): This comfortable headphone earband gives your night owl the best of both worlds. They can listen to their favorite music or podcasts while resting in bed, and the headphones are comfortable enough to simply fall asleep in.
Got a recommendation for a special gift? Share it with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.