22 Sparkly 30th Birthday Party Ideas for the Glitter-Obsessed Gal
Picking out an epic theme is one of the most exciting parts about throwing a party for the big 3-0. Whether you’re going for a preppy birthday bash or even one that’s inspired by your favorite food (lookin’ at you, grown-up pizza party), going *all* out for your birthday extravaganza is totally necessary. If you’re celebrating BIG this time around, opt for a glitter-themed party, because nothing screams birthday quite like sparkle-covered everything. Think: gilded garlands, balloons, donuts and more. Scroll through to take a peek at how to throw the ultimate party for the glitter-obsessed gal.
1. DIY Sequin Letter Garland: It’s not a 30th birthday party without a garland that fits the theme. Whip up this “Cheers” option using sequin trim and scrap cardboard to give your wall a total wow factor. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Glitter Candles: What’s better than blowing out normal candles on your birthday? Blowing out glitter ones, of course! Dip ’em in gold, silver or colorful glitter to make your cake that much more festive. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Confetti-Dipped Balloons: Blow up a set of colorful balloons and dip them in gold foil confetti to amp them up a bit. They’re so pretty you’ll want to decorate your space with them year round. (via Studio DIY)
4. DIY Confetti Poppers: Get the party started with confetti poppers for all your guests. Fill clear candy tubes with confetti and crepe paper that matches your color scheme, and get ready for your guests to pop them as soon as the candles are blown out. (via Bird’s Party)
5. DIY Glitter Ice Cubes: Are you ready to take your hostess skills to a whole new level? DIY these beauties so that even your ice cubes match your theme. Hello, hostess with the mostess! (via A Subtle Revelry)
6. DIY Glitter Sunnies: On the hunt for the perfect party favor for your glitter-filled event? Pick up some sunnies and add a pop of glitter to the frame to give them a little pizzazz. Trust us, your guests will thank you. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Girly Trend Glitter Striped Paper Plates ($2): Say goodbye to boring white paper plates, because you’ll never go back after picking up this gorgeous pastel and glitter striped set. Pair them with colorful plastic cups to take your party essentials from drab to fab.
8. Ring Toss Game: If you’re looking for the perfect way to add some friendly competition to your birthday party, then this is the DIY for you. Cover empty wine bottles in glitter so your guests can play the prettiest game of ring toss ever. (Photo via Honey Honey Photography / Style Me Pretty)
9. DIY #Boss Decoration: After you’ve picked up the booze and made the food, decorating for the party is next up on your list of to-dos. Use a Cricut to cut out your party hashtag, and make it top-notch with metallic gold spray paint and glitter to give your space the sparkle it’s waiting for. (via Damask Love)
10. Catbird A Tiny Celebration Glitter Confetti ($8): Who wouldn’t want a tiny celebration after the actual celebration? Send your guests home with a bag of confetti so the party can live on forever.
11. DIY Glitter Lollipops: All you need is white sugar, corn syrup and, of course, edible glitter to make these show-stopping suckers. They’re the perfect addition to your 30th birthday party, whether you’re making them to give as party favors or to sweeten up your snack table. (via Popcosmo)
12. Sequin Photo Booth Backdrop: A party in 2016 isn’t complete without a photo booth. Snag some sequin fabric at the craft store, add a picture frame and top it off with vibrant flowers to create a seriously Insta-worthy backdrop. (Photo via Bradley James Photography / Hey Wedding Lady)
13. DIY Glitter-Dipped Cups: Ditch the solo cups for the big 3-0. Instead, go for these DIY glitter-dipped ones for a glam option instead. They’re so pretty that your guests won’t want to toss them after they’ve finished their drinks. (via Evite)
14. DIY Floating Glitter Tumbler: The birthday girl *needs* a custom tumbler to sip out of all night long. Kick a simple tumbler up a notch with this DIY so she can feel extra special on her big day. (via Studio DIY)
15. DIY Gilded Piñata Makeover: If you’re searching for the perfect piñata for your party, look no further. Upcycle a boring piñata with some gold spray paint and bright crepe paper to give your bash an extra festive touch. Take it to an even *more* gilded level by sprinkling on some gold glitter to give it a little extra shine. (via Studio DIY)
16. DIY Glitter Pills: Snag a set of empty capsules and add chunky glitter to make these sparkly pills that can be used as decoration or party favors. Adding this DIY will totally make you the hostess of the year, but be careful… we do not advise that you consume them ;) (via A Bubbly Life)
17. La Luna Designs Glitter Birthday Invitation ($17): Instead of sending out a text to your besties, go old school with this beautiful snail mail. Not only will it prepare them for your festive AF party, but it’ll give their stack of mail the punch of color that it needs.
18. DIY Glitter Ball Ornament Decoration: Okay, so these are *technically* ornaments, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use them for your birthday party. Make minis to add to tabletops or opt for a jumbo size to hang above the dessert table. Either way, it’ll make your party even more glittery and beautiful. (via Design Improvised)
19. Glittered Strawberries: It doesn’t get any girlier than glittered strawberries. Pick your favorite colors of edible glitter and dip your delicious chocolate-covered strawberries so they can shine just as bright as the birthday girl. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
20. DIY Glitter Drink Stirrers: Greeting your guests with a glass of champagne is great and all, but adding a drink stirrer that fits the theme is what will really wow them. Use this DIY to show your besties that you are the *best* party planner in town. (via Vicky B. TV)
21. DIY Glitter Friendship Bracelets: Since all of your BFFs will be at the party, it’s only fitting to gift them a friendship bracelet. Fill clear vinyl tubing with baby oil, water and glitter to give your friends’ outfits a little extra oomph for the party. (via Bitz + Giggles)
22. Glitter Donuts: Last but not least, glitter-dipped donuts are the *ideal* way to give your dessert table some serious style. All you need is your favorite flavor and some edible glitter to make the prettiest donuts out there. (Photo via Gemini Photography / Style Me Pretty)
Are you hosting a birthday party this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for even more inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.