17 Grown-Up Pizza Party Essentials for the Ultimate 30th Birthday Party
When you think about childhood birthday parties, there’s always one that comes to mind: cheese, pepperoni, those red cups full of soda and plenty of arcade game magic. Yep, we’re talking about the nostalgic pizza party of yesteryear. Just because you’re *technically* a grown-up now doesn’t mean you can’t throw it back with a 30th birthday pizza party of your very own (maybe with the very grown-up addition of a dessert pizza recipe or two?). The 17 DIYs + buys below will help you have the epic pizza party you always wanted and leave you with plenty of adorable pizza accessories and decor to rock year-round. In the words of Mary-Kate + Ashley, “Gimme Pizza! P-I-Z-Z-A!”
1. DIY Crochet Pizza Sweater: If you’re going to throw a pizza party, your outfit must follow suit. Kick your basic knit sweater up a notch by DIYing this crocheted pizza. Add your favorite toppings, sew it on and consider your look complete. (via Studio DIY)
2. Crown-Shaped Pizzas: These pizzas are fit for royalty, so add these crown-shaped slices to the party. Pick up some dough at the store, cut out the crowns and deck them out with a few nom-worthy add-ons for toppings. (via Pillsbury)
3. Pizza Party Printable Invitations: A party isn’t complete without some cute snail mail. Print off these invitations to brighten up your pals’ mailboxes and get them hyped for the get-together. P.S. They’re free! (via The Good Stuff)
4. Bando I Love Pizza Pin ($10): Show off your pie pride with an “I <3 Pizza” pin, because *that’s* how pizza lovers roll. Don’t forget your guests! These would make for the perfect party favor for your #squad.
5. Francesca’s XL Wine Glass ($18): What goes better with pizza than a little booze? Grab a giant glass like this one and fill it to the brim with your fave vino for a night of (pizza) partying.
6. Printable Pizza Boxes: Leftovers are pretty much inevitable at any get-together. Use this template and printable to create boxes so your guests can bring home a few pieces. They’ll be thanking you when they don’t have to think about what to make for lunch the next day. (via Design Eat Repeat)
7. Tattly Temporary Pizza Tattoos ($5): Temporary tattooed arms make every warm-weather party better. Tat up your guests with this pizza option so they can wear their slice… and eat it too ;)
8. Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza: A party without dessert? No way. Whip up a batch of sugar cookies and add your favorite fruits to make these mini pizzas. Instead of adding the icing and toppings beforehand, you could totally set up a make-your-own station to have at the party. (via Sugar + Cloth)
9. DIY Pizza Pennant Banner: In need of a last-minute decoration? Use craft felt and a little fabric glue to create this pennant banner. Give it a little oomph with some veggies or other toppings. (via Libbie Summers)
10. DIY Pizza Gift Boxes: It’s the night before the big dinner, and you’ve totally forgotten about party favors. No problem! Print off these gift boxes to fold up and fill with a few pieces of candy for an afforadably easy favor that packs a punch. (via Make and Tell)
11. Cheek & Pen Paper Co. Cheesy Pizza Card Confetti ($2): Whether you’re filling your invites with confetti or throwing it to celebrate your b-day, these slices are the perfect way to top off any piece of your party. It’ll show your guests that you’ll go the extra (super cheesy) mile.
12. Urban Outfitters Pizza String Lights ($32): Warm up your party with a little mood lighting. String lights + pizza slices should do the trick.
13. Vinca USA Pizza Studs ($16): Let you and your friends show your love for pizza year-round with these stylish studs. They’ll work great for favors or prizes if you plan on throwing it back with some video game action.
14. DIY Pizza Piñata: You don’t need to be a gourmet chef to make this tasty slice. Put your piñata skills to the test and DIY this treat for the big party. Your friends will love taking a whack at it. (via Frankie Magazine)
15. DIY Pizza Balloons: Looking for a budget-friendly way to spice up your space? Snag a bundle of yellow balloons from the party store and glue on cutouts of tissue paper to make this pizza. Careful, it looks so tasty your friends may want to eat it. (via Aww, Sam)
16. Crafty Cue Pizza Cupcake Toppers ($11): Okay, you probably won’t just be eating pizza at the party, but the other foods have to fit the theme too. Snag a set of these toppers and stick them in your b-day cupcakes for some serious festivity.
17. Urban Outfitters Pizza Pool Float ($48): If you’re hosting a pizza party at the pool or beach, pool toys are a must. Willing to make this party the *most* epic? Pizza floats should do the trick.
Want even more inspo on how to throw the ultimate party? Head over to our Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.