14 Products You Need to Take Off All That Glitter Makeup
We get it. You want a look that will pop in all those holiday photo booth pics, and shimmery shadows in unexpected shades are our go-to. But at the end of the night (or early morning), there’s one thing you definitely have to do before tucking yourself into bed: Take off all your makeup and wash your face. With these high-powered makeup removers and cleansers, you won’t need to fret about morning-after blemishes or heading into the office with glitter still all over your lids.
1. Smashbox It’s a Wrap Waterproof Makeup Remover ($20): It only takes a little bit of this powerhouse formula remove every last bit of pigment from your lashes, lids and lips.
2. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover ($19): As tempting as it seems to leave your cat eye on through the night and touch it up the next morning — don’t. All it takes is a quick swab of this formula to dissolve your eye makeup and before you know it, you’re fast asleep.
3. BareMinerals Instant Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover ($18): Shake up this bottle before using and say good night to last night’s sparkly smokey eye.
beauty oils an extra popularity boost this season. Swap out your foaming cleanser with this facial oil to break down all traces of foundation, eye shadow, mascara and lipstick.
5. Make Up For Ever Sens’Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser ($24): This gel makeup remover is a professional makeup artist fave. A few pumps of this stuff will leave your lids product free and moisturized.
6. Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover ($15): Home for the holidays but forgot to pack makeup remover? Raid Grandma’s bathroom stash and go for this formula from Mary Kay. It’s so good, you’ll end up wanting to get a bottle for yourself once you get home.
7. Maybelline New York Clean Express Makeup Removing Lotion ($12): Here’s a new alternative to cold cream. No rinsing needed with this cleansing lotion.
8. Almay Oil-Free Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads ($8): Don’t leave home without these makeup pads. Each cleansing pad is packed with ultra-moisturizing aloe, cucumber and green tea so your lids will get the moisture they need after a long night.
9. MAC Cosmetics Cleanse Off Oil ($31): Massage this formula of olive, evening primrose and jojoba seed into your skin to break down your makeup and say hello to gorgeous skin.
10. Hard Candy Take It Off Makeup Remover ($10): This product does exactly what it states in its name. It’s specifically formulated to remove glitter and long-wear makeup products.
11. Lancome BI-FACIL Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover ($28): This award-winning formula is gentle yet powerful enough for those of you with sensitive skin. A few shakes into a cotton ball and after a few swipes, your lids will feel refreshed and ready for night-night.
12. MAC Wipes ($20): We keep a pack of these in our nightstand. Just one wipe breaks down the glitziest eye makeup and longlasting foundations.
13. Kiehl’s Supremely Gentle Eye Makeup Remover ($15): This lightweight lotion formula is extremely gentle and moisturizing for the sensitive skin around your eyes, but it’s incredibly powerful too.
14. Philosophy Just Release Me Eye Makeup Remover ($18): There’s no reason to hang on to last night’s eye makeup — you have the Instas to prove just how incredible it looked. Wipe it all away with this oil-free formula.