15 Show-Stopping Loafers You Could Wear for a Night Out
A fun night out with the girls calls for a killer pair of stompers. While we’re always down for a platform pump, sky-high heel or even a lace-up ankle bootie, we realize that there are other options to be found. Namely: loafers. Now, now, we know what you’re thinking. Despite getting a rep for being a strictly business-professional and menswear-inspired shoe, loafers are actually — dare we say it — the quintessential going out shoe in disguise. From rad embellishments to sleek finishes, these 15 loafer styles are a far cry from being predictable… or boring, for that matter.
1. Pointed Leather Flats ($120): Take our advice: You’re going to need a borrowed-from-the-boys pair of loafers to complement your daring culottes jumpsuit. Not only are these fashion-forward steppers a complete game changer, but they also look way more expensive than they actually are.
2. Sunstone Loafers ($50): Bye bye, three-inch heels. After a night of dancing, your feet will be thanking you for swapping your going-out shoes for these easy-going slip-ons.
3. Too Much Loved Heeled Sandals ($72): Check out the tasseled block heel that you will inevitably start planning every #ootd around. Yep, they’re that awesome. Be it a slinky maxi skirt or a Laverne-inspired cutout dress, there’s no going wrong when you have these heeled sandals in your arsenal.
4. Circus Farah Loafers ($80): Rest easy knowing that when fall arrives, you’ll already be equipped with the perfect seasonal flat. When the temps become nippy, pair these guys with socks that peek out ever so slightly for a cool gamine appeal.
5. Silver Pointed Loafer Heels ($81): For an out-of-this-world look straight out of Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (oh yeah, we’re going way back), these metallic pointers will serve as the ultimate accessory to your LBD.
6. Serling Leather Loafers ($155): That. Cutout. Heel. We digress. DO pair these bad boys with black and white stripes, black pencil skirts — basically anything that goes along with the #allblackornothing aesthetic.
7. Open Case Leather Black Flats ($135): Fact: Where there’s a cool pair of tasseled loafers, a #girlboss shall be found. Complete with side cutouts and a baby heel, this loafer is destined to be paired with a printed mini dress and an oversized clutch.
8. Pointed Loafer Heels ($33): For days when you want to dress to impress (read: every day), rest assured that these patent loafs are anything but basic. Serving as a hybrid between a pointed toe pump and a streamlined loafer, they’ll give you the best of both worlds.
9. Locklyn Pointy Toe Pump ($150): ICYMI: All things celestial (think stars and outer space) will be having a major resurgence come this fall. For a runway-approved look, these outlandish pumps with a sculptural block heel are everything. Sign us up.
10. Vevey Vegan Leather Mule ($68): When you get two shoes in one (#twofer), you know that you’ve come across a winning pair. Part mule sandal, part fringe loafer, these chic stompers are begging to be paired with a sequined mini.
11. Carima Flats ($258): Ultra-feminine loafers do exist. This snake-printed pair by Kate Spade is sleek enough to be worn with everything from a little white dress to boyfriend jeans and a blanket scarf. Sounds like a solid plan to us.
12. Uptown Calf Hair Pump ($90): Here’s a killer pump that will catch the eye of both uptown and downtown gals alike. While the penny-loafer style reads boardroom, the gold accent heel screams partay. Need we say more?
13. Pointed Faux Leather Loafers ($23): Ah! These rose gold toe-steppers give new meaning to fancy feet. Keep on movin’ to the groove with this stylish pair that can be dressed up with a little black dress or paired down with boyfriend jeans.
14. Maxie Pointed Flat Shoes ($72): No need for a statement necklace when you have a well-placed embellishment at the tip of your toes. Not only will these witchy flats look fab with a pair of skinny jeans, but they’ll also make any shift dress look like a million bucks.
15. Eyes Glitter Flats ($287): If it’s good enough for our favorite international style blogger Chiara Ferragni, then it’s good enough for us. These cheeky flats from Chiara’s namesake collection are *almost* too good to be true. While the diva status is undeniable, who says that’s a bad thing? Wink, wink.
Will you be trading in your heeled pumps for a pair of statement-making loafers? Tell us in the comments below!