16 Reasons Why You *Need* Gold Wallpaper in Your Life
Dramatic wallpaper is the latest way to make a statement, especially when they’re super glam metallics. Whether you go weak in the knees for nature-inspired patterns or you’d rather stick with non-floral geometrics, gold wallpaper comes in every design imaginable, making it a gorgeous option for every room in the house. Even you renters out there can join the fun with temporary wallpaper or some awesome DIY alternatives. Regardless of your style, these 16 luxe wallpapers are bursting with personality — which one reflects yours?
Decorating a small powder room or half bath doesn’t have to be an afterthought. In fact, it’s the perfect excuse to go all out with a crazy wallpaper you’d never put anywhere else in the house. In a small space like a bathroom, large-scale wallpaper designs can actually be less overwhelming than smaller, busier patterns. (via Domino)
Wallpaper is a big commitment, so if you’re looking for a more temporary solution, try stencils. Yes, the project will take you a few hours and several gold pens, but the look is totally worth it. You could always start with an accent wall and see where inspiration takes you. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Sometimes simple says it best. This calming design is bright, playful and modern enough to use in any room in the house without overwhelming your decor (or your housemates). (via Rice)
4. Modern Wallpaper Angles Gold Cream ($105): Go all out and cover an entire room with this angular design, or use it on a smaller scale as an accent. The monochromatic colorway makes accessorizing the space flexible and effortless, while the modern pattern presents the perfect backdrop for a new gallery wall.
5. Juju Papers Sisters of the Sun ($200): Nothing beats a classic paint dot motif. A dark navy background is ideal for this small pattern of gold dots. It’s not as crazy bold as some of the others, but it’s definitely a lot of fun.
6. Ferm Living Wilderness Wallsmart Wallpaper ($115): Get your splatter on in a big way with this abstract wallpaper pattern. From a distance, the pattern looks like branches and berries, hence the “wilderness” part of the title.
washi tape to our walls to copy this awesome look, but a sheet of this artsy wallpaper might be a better option.
These pretty dots look great in a nursery, but don’t think that’s the only place this wallpaper will work. Get in touch with your wild side and paste this paper up anywhere you need a little drama. (via Project Nursery)
10. Hygge & West Oh Joy! Petal Pusher ($140): Channeling nature is one of the prettiest home decor trends this year. Join in on the movement by letting the blooms in your garden be your inspiration for an oversized floral statement wall.
Working to create a space that looks like it’s straight out of The Great Gatsby? Choose a gold art deco wallpaper for a modern yet vintage look. It will be the perfect complement to a breakfast nook or a kitchen with gold hardware. (via Domino)
12. Farrow & Ball Bumble Bee ($230): Considering a bold graphic print? Bugs may be the last thing you’d think to use on a wallpaper, but in gold, these little bees look right at home. The pattern is subtle enough to use in a large space or on an accent wall in the kitchen or bathroom.
Use a projector to blow up a huge moon onto your wall and paint the outline with gold paint for a totally rad piece of art. It’s not wallpaper, but it definitely will make a statement in your space. (via A Beautiful Mess)
Beige and gold will always look chic, but use it in a graphic-print wallpaper and you’ll have a space with a bit of edge too. Here, white furnishings provide the perfect contrast to the giant polka dots on the wall. (via The Glitter Guide)
This abstract gold splatter wallpaper may not be for everyone, but it definitely makes a statement. Paired with black and white furniture, this swanky pattern would be the perfect conversation-starter in any dining room. (via Benjamin Vandiver)
There are few color combos that always look good, and black, white and gold is one of them. If you’re not quite ready to roll out the wallpaper yet, use gold vinyl decals to decorate a dark accent wall over your bed. (via Design Sponge)