19 Sophisticated Ways to Accessorize With a Bow
While there may be some grade-school fads that we’re happy to leave behind (velcro sneaks and ill-fitting turtlenecks, we’re looking at you), but bows are not one of them. Infinitely more sophisticated and fashion girl-approved than we remember, bows are officially considered cool again — and for good reason. Whether it’s a well-placed bow on the back of your party dress or the season’s highly acclaimed pussybow blouse, look no further than these 19 clever ways to sport bows on your toes (and beyond!).
1. Kate Spade Bow Neck Wool Coat ($698): Winter blahs, be gone! *This* is the timeless pink topper that will allow you to brave the elements in style. Whether it’s your morning commute or cocktail hour, the oversized bow will serve as an exclamation point to every outfit.
2. To Be Adored Abi Velvet Dress ($318): Just as the name suggests, you will be adored the moment that you slip on this swoon-worthy LBD with charming velvet bows. Don’t be afraid to pull out all the stops — for a holiday-ready look, add sparkly party shoes, a top knot and faux fur coat to boot.
3. Padgett Hoke Bow Tie and Crystal Framed Earrings ($40): Call up your bridal party — these dazzling bow tie earrings will straight-up stun on your special day.
4. Banana Republic Bow-Neck Shirtdress ($128): Your everyday shirtdress just received a major upgrade. Complete with a conservative bow-neck, it achieves the perfect balance between corporate and girly. Style it up with a killer pair of ankle booties and a bold red lip for a #girlboss ‘tude.
5. Love Moschino Sweater Dress With Bows on Back ($233 on SALE): The limit to bows does not exist. Sport not one, not two but THREE bows with this effortless gray sweater dress that’s inspiring us all to do less this season. Allow the bows to do the talking by keeping it simple + streamlined with a stylish pair of steppers.
6. Mango Waterfall Bow Necklace ($40): As it turns out, wearing a bow is as easy as tying this rhinestone-embellished necklace around your neck. Major bonus: The black and white striped grosgrain ribbon will lend instant charm to every #OOTD.
7. Sister Jane Hera Dress ($116): Fall music festivals, here we come! Pair this bow tie maxi in a whimsical daisy print with suede ankle boots and a flower crown for the win.
8. Free People Bow Back Pullover ($98): For days when you can’t even, this ivory knit pullover with a tie-waist bow on the back will be a safety blanket in disguise. From plain ol’ jeans to an edgy leather midi skirt, the sartorial options are endless.
9. Forever 21 Plus Size Self-Tie Neckline Shirt ($20): Enter in the Peter Pan collar blouse that you’ll inevitably be pairing with everything this season. No joke! Tuck it into a suede button-front skirt, team it up with black culottes or style it with a power blazer for the office. It’s that easy.
10. Essentiel Antwerp Sweatshirt With Bows ($233): Who says that sweatshirts have to be bor-ing? If this bow-tastic raglan pullover is any indication, sweatshirts can indeed be worn to holiday soirees (just add a metallic pleated maxi skirt) and date-night functions (hello, leather mini and platform boots) for a showstopping look.
11. Zara Denim Shirt With Bow ($50): Go ahead and add this throwback denim shirt to your fall wish list STAT. Less ‘90s faux pas, more full-fledged fashion girl, it will look just as game-changing with boho flares as a deep green suede skirt.
12. Eugenia Kim Gilded Bow Headband ($215): BRB, we’ve uncovered the gold bow headband that we’ll be sporting to every holiday shindig of the season. Are we Blair Waldorf yet?
13. F-Troupe Velvet Bow Slip-on Shoe ($198): Proof that bows are not just a girly accoutrement, these patent loafers with a velvet bow give off serious menswear vibes. Style ‘em up with anything from a deep V-neck jumpsuit to a wool mini skirt for an on-point look.
14. Lack of Color The Beryl ($59): This emerald green wide-brim hat with a subtle bow is perfect for off-duty days. Throw in your favorite chiffon maxi dress and fringed bolero for major street cred.
15. Kate Spade Dainty Sparklers Bow Studs ($32): A simple pair of bow studs will do. Wear these sparkly beauties on the daily for a little extra somethin’ somethin’ that won’t go unnoticed.
16. Pixie Market Burgundy Poppy Floral Neck Tie Dress ($132): Unleash your inner flower child with this boho-loving shift dress that might as well be straight out of The Brady Bunch. Style it it up with some Mary Jane platforms for dinner and drinks.
17. Kate Spade Stretch Crepe Bow Dress ($328): It was bow at first sight. This LWD with a chic black bow will rival any little black dress, especially when coupled up with a statement clutch and d’Orsay pumps.
18. ASOS Cut Out Bow Back Jumpsuit ($81): The saying “business in the front, party in the back” could not ring truer than with this powder pink jumpsuit. The cutout back and oversized bow bring on the drama for a sultry look that can’t be ignored.
19. Valentino Lady Like Skirt ($258): This vintage Valentino skirt is the epitome of old Hollywood glamour. We can’t decide what we love more: The dynamic geometric dot print or the sassy white bow (!) on the back.
Will you be incorporating bows into your winter style? Let us know in the comments below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?