The holiday season isn’t the only time to celebrate. With to-die-for treats we’ve been waiting for all year (all-pumpkin-everything, anyone?), bright foliage and cozy layers, autumn has a lot going for it. Your calendar is likely jam-packed with everything from Halloween fêtes to potlucks to game-day get-togethers, which means dozens of opportunities to really let your style sensibilities shine. The one-and-done dress is an effortless option that delivers every time. Throw it on with a few fab accessories and you have an on-point outfit in minutes. Scroll on for new frocks you’ll want to add your closet.
What to Wear Tailgating
Skip the jeans, sweats and joggers and take your game-day style to the next level with a laid-back, relaxed-fit number. This is what #winning style looks like.
1. ASOS Tunic Dress With V-Neck and Wide Cuff ($63): A next-level sweatshirt dress with bell sleeves has a cozy-meets-cool feel that will do you right both at home and at your fave sports bar. If you’re not exactly feelin’ the sporty vibe, pair it up with a blanket scarf and rugged lace-up kicks — otherwise, look to platform sneakers and corduroy baseball caps.
2. Express One Eleven Cold Shoulder Dress ($30): Paired with a denim jacket, oversized scarf and knee-high boots, this cold shoulder says game-day chic.
3. Front Row Shop Lace Layered Dress With Contrast Trim and Hem ($78): Go all-out athleisure while still playing to your flirty, feminine side by tossing on a color blocked t-shirt dress with a dainty lace overlay.
4. Oasis Stripe Midi Column Dress ($64): Kick back and take in all the action in a brightly striped midi in super soft jersey fabric. Trainers and a varsity jacket or bomber are an absolute must for this sports-chic style.
What to Wear to Friendsgiving
Food, friends and impeccable style are just a few things to be thankful for this season. You might spend hours preparing that award-winning caramel apple pie for your Friendsgiving celebration, but these four frocks pack impeccable style in under five minutes.
5. ASOS Midi Dress in Blocked Metallic Stripe ($63): You don’t have to wait until the holidays to get into the festive spirit. Get a head start by sporting a sophisticated and shimmery midi dress to all your harvest gatherings.
6. Native Youth Long-Sleeve Plaid Dress ($90): Bold and bright, plaid has never looked so good. Besides its too-good-to-be-true style, it boasts plenty of room for all that decadent pie (you’ll thank us later).
7. Warehouse Embroidered Shift Dress ($267): This limited-edition dress has a subtle ’70s vibe and a whole lot of personality. While dinner might be the focus of the evening, there’s no way this stunner will go unnoticed.
8. ASOS Shift Dress in Color Block With V-Detail ($81): Boasting fall colors at their best, this playful chevron shift has the whole festive thing on lock. Just add ankle strap heels and a swipe of your signature shade of red.
What to Wear to a Birthday Bash
9. Reformation Selene Dress ($98): Who said t-shirt dresses couldn’t be fancy? Your friends will be over-the-top jeals when you step out in this chic, gilded number. Platform heels and sleek minimal jewelry are a must.
10. Glamorous Red Daisy Lace Dress ($139): Multicolored lace with crocheted flare feels elegant and polished, but 100 percent fun. For a touch of the unexpected, opt for menswear-inspired steppers or funky printed socks.
11. ASOS White Mini Dress in Textured Floral ($134): Florals and architectural accents give this textured shift an artistic air. Don’t let tired feet get in the way of busting a move out on the dance floor: Rock a pair of slide-on flats or block kitten heels with your standout frock.
12. Reformation Aphelia Dress ($148): Update your go-to LBD for fall with a skinny strap sheath dress with a flowy fringe hem. To avoid channeling flapper vibes, style it with ultra modern accessories, like a sleek choker necklace and a playful crossbody.
What to Wear to a Pumpkin-Carving Party
The perfect way to spend a Saturday night is carving pumpkins and indulging in seasonal sweets and spiked cider with your BFFs. We’ve got your sartorial agenda on lock.
13. A Common Space Denim Belted Shirt Dress ($55): Show off those mad Jack-o’-lantern carving skills in a belted denim shirt dress, playful printed tights and metallic brogues.
14. ASOS Denim Utility Shift Dress in Tan ($76): An alternative to the standard shirt dress, this utility-inspired number lets you get down to business in style. Wear it with a fuzzy cardigan and belt and loafers or rock it with classic Converse sneakers.
15. Zara Midi Dress ($40): Keep it casual and put worrying about whether you’re getting pumpkin guts on your favorite frock to the side with a laid-back long-line top layered over boyfriend jeans and badass ankle boots.
16. ASOS Dress With Tie-Waist in Space Dye ($63): A sweater dress is prime anytime, but feels even more appropriate at a festive fall-themed bash. Pair it up with lace-up ankle boots, wool socks and minimalst stud earrings.
What to Wear to a Work Function
Whether we like it or not, there’s that occasional after-hours work event that is nothing short of mandatory. Take the opportunity to show off that incredible sense of style while keeping things work-appropriate with one of these fine-lookin’ numbers.
17. ASOS Tab Side Pencil Dress ($68): Schmooze with the best of them in a vibrant yellow sheath with strappy side detailing. Pair with chunky-heeled pumps and a sleek clutch.
18. ASOS Exaggerated Angel Sleeve Pencil Dress With Open Back ($86): Pretty shades of plum are what autumnal dreams are made of. When paired with a sleek silhouette and flutter sleeves, you have one elegant and award-winning look. For a little bit of extra oomph, add on a gilded cuff, modern drop earrings and elevated ankle boots.
19. Front Row Shop Red Crinkled Layered Midi Dress ($52): Work that #girlboss charm outside the cubicle with a siren red midi dress with statement crinkle detailing. This is the dress to wear when you want to do some serious networking, ‘cuz all eyes will be on you.
20. & Other Stories Blue Morph Print Dress ($90): This graphic drop waist dress provides a valuable lesson in outfit balance. Cool, understated colors bring a sophisticated edge to a bold print, while long sleeves and a high neckline counter the frock’s flared, above-the-knee hemline.
What’s your fave look to sport for a special fall occasion? Tell us in the comments.