20 Dresses to Wear to Every Fall Party
The holiday season isn’t the only time to celebrate. With to-die-for treats we’ve been waiting for all year (all-pumpkin-everything, anyone?), bright foliage and cozy layers, autumn has a lot going for it. Your calendar is likely jam-packed with everything from Halloween fêtes to potlucks to game-day get-togethers, which means dozens of opportunities to really let your style sensibilities shine. The one-and-done dress is an effortless option that delivers every time. Throw it on with a few fab accessories and you have an on-point outfit in minutes. Scroll on for new frocks you’ll want to add your closet.
Skip the jeans, sweats and joggers and take your game-day style to the next level with a laid-back, relaxed-fit number. This is what #winning style looks like.
1. ASOS Tunic Dress With V-Neck and Wide Cuff ($63): A next-level sweatshirt dress with bell sleeves has a cozy-meets-cool feel that will do you right both at home and at your fave sports bar. If you’re not exactly feelin’ the sporty vibe, pair it up with a blanket scarf and rugged lace-up kicks — otherwise, look to platform sneakers and corduroy baseball caps.
2. Express One Eleven Cold Shoulder Dress ($30): Paired with a denim jacket, oversized scarf and knee-high boots, this cold shoulder says game-day chic.
3. Front Row Shop Lace Layered Dress With Contrast Trim and Hem ($78): Go all-out athleisure while still playing to your flirty, feminine side by tossing on a color blocked t-shirt dress with a dainty lace overlay.
4. Oasis Stripe Midi Column Dress ($64): Kick back and take in all the action in a brightly striped midi in super soft jersey fabric. Trainers and a varsity jacket or bomber are an absolute must for this sports-chic style.
What to Wear to Friendsgiving
Food, friends and impeccable style are just a few things to be thankful for this season. You might spend hours preparing that award-winning caramel apple pie for your Friendsgiving celebration, but these four frocks pack impeccable style in under five minutes.
5. ASOS Midi Dress in Blocked Metallic Stripe ($63): You don’t have to wait until the holidays to get into the festive spirit. Get a head start by sporting a sophisticated and shimmery midi dress to all your harvest gatherings.
6. Native Youth Long-Sleeve Plaid Dress ($90): Bold and bright, plaid has never looked so good. Besides its too-good-to-be-true style, it boasts plenty of room for all that decadent pie (you’ll thank us later).
7. Warehouse Embroidered Shift Dress ($267): This limited-edition dress has a subtle ’70s vibe and a whole lot of personality. While dinner might be the focus of the evening, there’s no way this stunner will go unnoticed.
8. ASOS Shift Dress in Color Block With V-Detail ($81): Boasting fall colors at their best, this playful chevron shift has the whole festive thing on lock. Just add ankle strap heels and a swipe of your signature shade of red.
What to Wear to a Birthday Bash
9. Reformation Selene Dress ($98): Who said t-shirt dresses couldn’t be fancy? Your friends will be over-the-top jeals when you step out in this chic, gilded number. Platform heels and sleek minimal jewelry are a must.
10. Glamorous Red Daisy Lace Dress ($139): Multicolored lace with crocheted flare feels elegant and polished, but 100 percent fun. For a touch of the unexpected, opt for menswear-inspired steppers or funky printed socks.
11. ASOS White Mini Dress in Textured Floral ($134): Florals and architectural accents give this textured shift an artistic air. Don’t let tired feet get in the way of busting a move out on the dance floor: Rock a pair of slide-on flats or block kitten heels with your standout frock.
12. Reformation Aphelia Dress ($148): Update your go-to LBD for fall with a skinny strap sheath dress with a flowy fringe hem. To avoid channeling flapper vibes, style it with ultra modern accessories, like a sleek choker necklace and a playful crossbody.
What to Wear to a Pumpkin-Carving Party
The perfect way to spend a Saturday night is carving pumpkins and indulging in seasonal sweets and spiked cider with your BFFs. We’ve got your sartorial agenda on lock.
13. A Common Space Denim Belted Shirt Dress ($55): Show off those mad Jack-o’-lantern carving skills in a belted denim shirt dress, playful printed tights and metallic brogues.
14. ASOS Denim Utility Shift Dress in Tan ($76): An alternative to the standard shirt dress, this utility-inspired number lets you get down to business in style. Wear it with a fuzzy cardigan and belt and loafers or rock it with classic Converse sneakers.
15. Zara Midi Dress ($40): Keep it casual and put worrying about whether you’re getting pumpkin guts on your favorite frock to the side with a laid-back long-line top layered over boyfriend jeans and badass ankle boots.
16. ASOS Dress With Tie-Waist in Space Dye ($63): A sweater dress is prime anytime, but feels even more appropriate at a festive fall-themed bash. Pair it up with lace-up ankle boots, wool socks and minimalst stud earrings.
What to Wear to a Work Function
Whether we like it or not, there’s that occasional after-hours work event that is nothing short of mandatory. Take the opportunity to show off that incredible sense of style while keeping things work-appropriate with one of these fine-lookin’ numbers.
17. ASOS Tab Side Pencil Dress ($68): Schmooze with the best of them in a vibrant yellow sheath with strappy side detailing. Pair with chunky-heeled pumps and a sleek clutch.
18. ASOS Exaggerated Angel Sleeve Pencil Dress With Open Back ($86): Pretty shades of plum are what autumnal dreams are made of. When paired with a sleek silhouette and flutter sleeves, you have one elegant and award-winning look. For a little bit of extra oomph, add on a gilded cuff, modern drop earrings and elevated ankle boots.
19. Front Row Shop Red Crinkled Layered Midi Dress ($52): Work that #girlboss charm outside the cubicle with a siren red midi dress with statement crinkle detailing. This is the dress to wear when you want to do some serious networking, ‘cuz all eyes will be on you.
20. & Other Stories Blue Morph Print Dress ($90): This graphic drop waist dress provides a valuable lesson in outfit balance. Cool, understated colors bring a sophisticated edge to a bold print, while long sleeves and a high neckline counter the frock’s flared, above-the-knee hemline.
What’s your fave look to sport for a special fall occasion? Tell us in the comments.
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!