Somewhere, somehow, CB2 stopped just being Crate & Barrel’s little sister and became the one-stop-shop for all things statement, minimalist and standout. This offshoot store has quickly become one of our favorite destinations for online home decor shopping because just a *few* pieces can instantly update your space. So it comes as no surprise that CB2’s new spring collection is incredible, full of bold modern lines and lots of metallics. And while everything is pretty affordable, the DIY addict in us can’t resist hacking a few pieces and adding our own personal touch. Scroll through to see how to bring spring home with these 14 CB2 decor hack projects.
1. DIY Modern Wall Clock: Obviously, this gorg CB2 Copper Wall Clock ($50) would look great on your wall, but the DIY natural wood version is pretty rad, especially with those painted accents. If you feel like you’re missing out, put gold flake around the edge of the clock for a spot-on hack. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Hanging Macrame Vases: It’s like CB2 read your mind with this CB2 Macrame Double Plant Holder ($50). As soon as the sun comes out, you’ll need a refreshing way to display your flowers — good thing it’s crazy easy and affordable to make these vases. DIY the look with a standard knot pattern or a fancy-shmancy Josephine knot. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Marlow Vase: If you guessed that washi tape was involved in hacking the CB2 Marlow Vase ($25), you’d be exactly right. Gather up some thrift store finds, spray paint them white and then cut out black tape to form the signature marlow geo pattern. (via Dream Green DIY)
4. DIY Modern Coat Rack: A coat rack isn’t the most exciting home purchase but it is one of those things that makes a huge difference in how quickly you get out the door every morning. The CB2 Hidden Channel Wall-Mounted Coat Rack ($100) is uber stylish, but with some funky knobs, paint and 15 minutes you can create a fun and colorful accessory rack for your house. (via Brit + Co)
5. Wood and Copper Towel Rack: If a bathroom update is on your wish list this spring, you’re going to need some new hardware. The CB2 Copper Accessory-Towel Holders ($15) is super cool, but it’s just as easy to DIY towel racks out of copper pipe, for a personal touch. Add colorful wooden accents to each end, and you’ve got a really cool piece on your hands. (via A Joyful Riot)
6. DIY Leather Strap Hanging Shelf: You can never have too many shelves, and hanging shelves are perfect for a minimal touch of storage in small spaces. Take a Scandi approach to this CB2 Clad Shelf With Gold Brackets ($115) using natural wood and leather straps. Plus it’s a total breeze to make. Win. (via Burkatron)
7. DIY Geometric Candle Holders: Recreate these CB2 Pamona Wood Taper Candle Holders ($8 each) with a can of spray paint and wooden or glass geometric candle holders. Mix and match the colors or create a cohesive vignette, whether it’s a neutral or a spring-inspired color palette. (via Homey, Oh My!)
8. DIY Concrete Diamond: This CB2 Pink Marble Bookend ($50) definitely makes a statement, but concrete can offer the same look for way less money. Spruce up your bookcase style game with a couple of these rad DIY gems, and show off your reading list on Instagram. (via A Merry Mishap)
9. DIY Hanging Mirror: Can you believe you can hack this CB2 Victor Leather 24-inch Mirror ($180) with a leather belt and a paper mache hat box? Add the mirror to your gallery wall for a cool 3D effect, or hang it in your hallway for last minute touch-ups before you head out the door. (via Sugar and Cloth)
10. DIY Concrete Doorstop: Copy this CB2 Marble Doorstop ($30) with an easy concrete form, and then crochet a colorful little jacket so it doesn’t scuff up your door. Prop the door open and let in all that fresh air — no candles required. (via Johannarundel)
11. DIY String Wall Art: This CB2 Woven Plaid Paper Hanging ($200) rocks everyone’s two favorite decor trends — weave + fringe — for the low, low cost of your monthly grocery budget. Fortunately it’s super easy to make string wall art that costs a fraction of that $200 price tag, and you get to dip-dye it in any color you want… You know, if you’re into that kind of thing. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Eames Inspired Mobile: Mobiles are so not just for babies anymore, especially when they’re as cool and trendy as this CB2 Crop Circle Mobile ($20). Get a similar look with wooden dowels, and turn that awkward corner in the room into a modern art display. (via Vitamini Handmade)
13. DIY Spin Art: What would make an art lover happier than this CB2 Stripe Series Painting ($300)? This super fun spin art that’ll take you back to your childhood and let you personalize the color palette. These pieces of art are so much fun to make, you’ll have a whole gallery wall done in a matter of minutes. (via Brit + Co)
14. DIY Ceramic Wall Planter: Air plants are still your #1 favorite botanical to decorate with, because they live happily ever after in any container you put them in. If you love the geometric look of the CB2 Trigg Large Wall Vase ($30), you can easily hack the same design with clay. Add a splash of paint to play up colors in your existing decor. (via Brit + Co)
Which CB2 hack is your favorite? If you’re looking for more easy + creative home decor ideas, make sure to follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.