The trees are changing colors, the smell of autumn is crisp and ever-present and everywhere we look, we can’t help but notice one thing: The holiday season is coming! If you are one of the 14 million people in the world who celebrate Hanukkah (or maybe you just like to celebrate in general), we’ve got 12 yummy desserts for those eight festive days. Dust off your menorah and hunt down those dreidels because these sweet treats will have everyone heading to your home to celebrate the festival of lights!
1. Vanilla Custard Donuts: These sweet fried treats are light as a feather and equally amazing with a drizzle of milk chocolate. The mascarpone in the custard makes the filling uber creamy. (via kwestiasmaku)
2. Honey & Rosemary Angel Food Cake: No time to cook? Never fear, this cake features store bought angel food cake that you can totally jazz up. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
3. Apple Cider Sufganiyot: Apple cider, apple butter and warm spices bring cozy autumnal flavors to these donuts. Fill them with salty-sweet caramel for a fun play on caramel apples. (via Chow)
4. Chocolate Mousse Cannoli: Your secret weapon for this yummy treat is a wonton wrapper! You can’t go wrong with this cult classic. (via overtimecook)
5. Angela’s Olive Oil Apple Cake: We are all about using seasonal fruits, and this apple cake is super simple. Your guests will be raving about the butter crumb topping. (via The Washington Post)
6. Star of David Butter Cookies: This variation on a French staple is sure to be a crowd favorite. We adore the raspberry filling. (via ribbonandcircus)
7. Dreidel Surprise Cookies: Surprise your family and friends this Hanukkah with these fun dreidel cookies that you can fill with candies, raisins or nuts. (via tablespoon)
8. Candy Dreidels: We are obsessed with these fun marshmallow dreidels. Fun fact: The letters on the dreidels stand for Nes Gadol Haya Sham, which means “A great miracle happened there.” (via Tori Avey)
9. Chocolate Gelt: The dreidel game isn’t fun unless chocolate coins are involved. These coins are so easy to make, you can get the kiddos to help you with them. (via Oh Nuts )
10. Jelly Sufganiyot: This Israeli version of jelly donuts is light, fluffy and most importantly, delicious. (via Red Shallot Kitchen)
11. Gluten-Free Rugelach with Cranberry Port Jam: Lots of sweet and tart cranberries make this dessert taste like a cross between a cookie, a pastry and a pie. The port and vanilla give the jam a cherry/raspberry vibe, which blends seamlessly with the chocolate and nuts. (via The Bojon Gourmet )
12. Cranberry Ricotta Pumpkin Cookies: These cookies are beyond delish and a perfect compliment to a big hot cup of cocoa. (via Family Fresh Cooking )
What are you looking forward to this Hanukkah? Tell us in the comments below!