15 Essential Apple Recipes to Make This Autumn
Is there anything better than the aroma of an apple dessert baking in the oven? Whether you pick your own or just can’t resist buying a bunch at the farmers market, there is no shortage of ways to use apples. Here, we have 15 essential savory and sweet recipes to try before that last leaf hits the ground.
1. Classic Apple Pie: If you’re on a mission to make the perfect apple pie, go all out and make it from scratch. We love this recipe because it not only looks pretty (hello, Pinterest pin), but also because the nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice really enhance the apples’ taste. (via Hip Foodie Mom)
3. Baked Apple Cider Donuts: The best thing about apple cider donuts is that they’re as caky and sweet as dessert but 100 percent socially acceptable to eat for breakfast. Show up to work with a plate of these glazed goodies and you’ll win the office popularity contest for sure. Bonus: They’re baked and not fried, so they’re healthy, right? (via Lexy Levin)
4. Carrot, Apple and Onion Galette: This light and flaky meal is packed with flavor. It’s the perfect rustic vegetarian option to serve at a fall dinner party or to, you know, devour alone on a nippy night. (via Tokyo Terrace)
5. Apple, Brie and Bacon Foccacia: Apple with brie is always a winning combo, so just imagine how mouth-watering adding bacon is. Sprinkle some rosemary onto your foccacia and prepare to be sent over the edge. (via Teaspoon of Spice)
6. Bourbon Cinnamon Pecan Caramel Apples + Chocolate Drizzle: It can be tricky to get the caramel coating right, but the key is to know exactly when to turn the heat down on the burner. Use a cooking thermometer to help follow this recipe and get it exactly right. The sweet reward is worth the precision. (via Half Baked Harvest)
7. Apple Cobbler: A classic dessert like warm apple cobbler and cold vanilla ice cream really hits the spot when you’re just craving some comfort food. There’s nothing fancy about this recipe, just homemade goodness. (via Recipe Chatter)
12. Sweet Potato Apple Muffins: Everyone should experience the utter goodness that is sweet potato, maple syrup and apples stuffed into one amazing muffin. Ingredients like ginger and coconut oil add an extra punch of flavor. (via Some the Wiser)
Did we miss your favorite apple recipe? Share it in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)