22 Heavenly Chocolate Chip Recipes
Are we the only ones who rummage through our kitchens, looking for that bag of chocolate chips to satisfy our chocolate cravings? It's probably the best way to eat chocolate on the down-low. And though quite delicious on their own, chocolate chips are also an insanely versatile ingredient that can amp up the cocoa factor of any recipe, should you want to add more time to your dessert making. Or eat chocolate more openly. We recommend these 22 wonderful recipes to get you started in your chocolate chip culinary career.
1. Bite-Sized Party Bark: Perfect for a party, these little stars are made from chocolate coating and topped with peanuts, cranberries, mini chocolate chips and delicious Heath toffee bits. (via Happy Hour Projects)
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Kahlua Milkshakes: Why eat chocolate chip cookies when you can drink them? Especially if you can convince yourself that that kahlua counts as your morning cup o' joe. (via How Sweet It Is)
7. Chocolate Babka Swirl Buns: A sweet take on a holiday favorite, these buttery babka buns are oozing with melted chocolate chips, making it the ideal fix for chocolate lovers everywhere. (via Zesty South Indian Kitchen)
11. Campfire S'mores Banana Boats: Bring the outside into your city high-rise with these oven-made desserts. It's like a taste of those wonderful nights spent camping with the fam, but without all the mosquitos. (via Betty Crocker)
13. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars: Uber healthy and probably better than half those store-bought brands, these protein bars include fill-you-up ingredients like peanut quinoa flakes, wheat bran and yogurt. Of course, with chocolate chips on top. (via Julie's Jazz)
14. Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies: These cookies hit the dessert trifecta: Caramel bites and chocolate are complimented by a sprinkling of salt. Did we mention that they are just melt-in-your-mouth delicious? (via Fearless Homemaker)
15. Life is Like a Box of… Homemade Valentine's Chocolates: Perfect for V-Day or just for a romantic treat, here are two ways to turn chocolate chips into heartfelt candies. (via Brit + Co)
17. Mocha Chip Frappe: With milk, chocolate chips, coffee and ice cream, this frappe will satisfy your sweet tooth and save you those few extra bucks usually reserved for a Starbucks stop. (via A Beautiful Mess)
18. I Can't Believe These Are Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies: These cookies contain real healthy ingredients, like chickpeas, but without losing the traditional “I must go back for seconds!" flavor. (via Brit + Co)
19. PB Chocolate Chip Granola: Why do we ever buy granola when you can make it in a crock pot and throw peanut butter, cinnamon, and toffee in it? It doesn't get any easier. (via Barefeet in the Kitchen)
What's your fave way to eat chocolate chips (besides a handful at a time)? Let us know @BritandCo!
This post has been updated.
- 12 Beauty DIY Recipes You Can Make With Chocolate - Brit + Co ›
- I Went on a Chocolate Cleanse Diet for a Week and Here's What ... ›
- Put Your Feelings on the Table With Chocolate Lettering - Brit + Co ›
- How to Make Jacques Torres' Famous Hot Chocolate at Home - Brit ... ›
- Forget Chocolate Syrup — This Homemade Hot Fudge Belongs on ... ›
- 12 Sweet Gifts for the Chocolate Lovers in Your Life - Brit + Co ›