13 DIY Menorahs to Make This Hanukkah
Hanukkah is a little over a month away, and it’s now or never for getting in a few DIY projects for the festival of lights. From color blocked and metallic to natural and kid-friendly, we’ve found 11 simple DIY projects for a homemade take on the traditionalmenorah.
3. Glass Bottle Menorah: It doesn’t get easier than this. Start collecting those glass (or plastic) bottles now. Once you have nine, dip them in paint for a whitewashed look that’s chic enough to sit next to the challah. (via Apartment Therapy)
4. Multiple Taper Candleholder: This staggered stack of wooden pillars is sleek enough to keep out all year long. Paint them a single color or in varying shades of blue for an towering ombre effect. (via Inspired by Charm)
6. Citrus Menorah: One orange, four limes, nine Hanukkah candles — everything you need for this project is right in your kitchen. Spruce up your patio or breakfast nook with this natural indoor/outdoor candelabra. (via Houzz)
8. Rhinestone Rhinoceros Menorah: Did you really expect a DIY roundup from us that didn’t include glitter + Mod Podge? We’re wild about this sparkly rhino. Grab your favorite toy animal to use as the base for this circus candle holder. (via Aunt Peaches)
9. Branch Menorah: Forage for a sturdy fallen branch for a rustic piece to adorn your tabletop. You’ll need to break out the power tools for this one: Drill eight holes, and slather on a few coats of glittery silver paint ($3). (via Martha Stewart)
13. Manzanita Branch Menorah: This twiggy take on the menorah also features Star of David cutouts that keep dripping wax from spoiling your fancy-pants tablecloth. It’s one that’s bound to earn your bubbe’s nod of approval. (via Martha Stewart)
It’s time to make — which DIY menorah is on your to-DIY list? Let us know in the comments below.