3 Healthy Cocktails to Help You Stay True to Your New Year’s Resolution
At the turn of a new year, we all make promises to be our best selves, but that doesn’t mean you have to change your lifestyle completely. Enjoying a cocktail or two won’t throw your well-intentioned New Year’s Resolutions to the wayward, especially when you’re mixing one of these healthy cocktail recipes. After all, this year is all about living your best life! Plus, think of all that money you’ll save with some homemade drinks over a pricey bar tab. So scroll on to check out these three recipes that can boost your immunities while let the boozing continue.
Matcha Hot Toddy
This twist adds an extra boost of antioxidants and energy to a wintertime classic.
- ½ teaspoon matcha
- ½ cup hot water
- squeeze of lemon
- grated ginger to taste, more ginger for more kick
- honey to taste
- 1 ounce whiskey or bourbon
- Stir the hot water and matcha together until the matcha is fully mixed in.
- Add the shot of whiskey, a squeeze of lemon, some grated ginger and a touch of honey. Give it one final stir and enjoy!
This one is a real doozy… you add all of the ingredients together and stir. But first, it’s best to make sure that the matcha and water are fully mixed together before adding the remaining ingredients.
It’s the perfect weekend drink on a cold, rainy day!
Sangria doesn’t always have to be a summertime drink — not when it’s packed with a serious citrus punch. It’s just what the doctor ordered for those wintertime blues.
- bottle of Sauvignon Blanc
- 16-ounce bottle of kombucha in the flavor of your choice (we chose House Kombucha’s Sun Blossom)
- assorted fresh citrus fruits (We went with cara cara oranges, blood oranges, navel, tangerines, grapefruit and some lemon.)
- Cut and juice your assortment of citrus fruits.
- In a large pitcher, mix the juice, wine and kombucha together.
- Garnish with thinly sliced oranges and serve.
The color in the citruses are unreal! This is such a beautiful and easy drink to make. All you have to do is juice your fruit, combine all of the ingredients and give it a stir. To add even more flair, cut thin slices of your oranges and garnish the glass.
I can’t think of a more gorgeous ways to get your vitamin C boost this winter.
Spiked Golden Milk
Turmeric has some serious beneficial properties, making golden milk a great healthy go-to. What makes it even better is adding a little extra *spice* in the form of rum. Heat some up on the stove to soothe your soul and warm your bones.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- fresh ginger to taste
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 ounce rum
- Mix the almond milk, turmeric, cinnamon, honey, ginger and pepper together in a blender.
- Heat up in a small saucepan on a medium heat. Add rum and serve.
Watch this health-packed mixture turn into a golden hue as you blend your ingredients (minus the rum) into a blender. Heat over a medium heat and add your rum.
Serve in a mug and garnish with a stick of cinnamon. Toast to health in the new year.
Not only will these cocktails bring you good health in the new year, but they’ll also bring some cheerful color in these lingering winter months.
Healthy cocktails are the way to go to help keep you committed to your New Year’s Resolutions.
DIY Production: Cassidy Miller
Styling: Cassidy Miller + Lindsay Saito
Photography: Brittany Griffin