18 Party-Ready Bodysuits That Will Slay This Holiday Season
When it comes to taking on the holiday party circuit like a boss, a trusty bodysuit will never steer you wrong, especially when you find one that packs on the Simone Biles sparkle factor. Between work obligations and end-of-the-year to-dos — not to mention an iCal already jam-packed with ugly sweater parties and holiday get-togethers — being on your A-game is top priority. ‘Cause an LBD or sequined bodycon mini can only go so far before you’ve maxed out their ready-to-wear appeal. Here at B+C HQ, we’re all about throw-on-and-go wardrobe workhorses that can be styled in two seconds flat, and a bodysuit (a one-piece wonder, if you will) does just that. Before you spend beaucoup bucks on a slew of holiday dresses, take a second to scroll through these 18 next-level bodysuits that will become your new pieces de resistance.
1. ASOS Halter Neck Body With Sequin Embellishment ($53): Sorry, not sorry, but when it comes to sequins, the limit does NOT exist. For a night out at the karaoke bar belting out Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” we would expect nothing less than this red carpet-ready sequin bodysuit. It can be tossed on with red skinny jeans, a swingy velvet skirt or black trousers for an after hours-approved look. Your move.
2. LPA Bodysuit 44 ($138): LA babes will flock to this burgundy velvet bodysuit with a DGAF ‘tude. The plunging neckline and front-tie detail leave just the right amount to the imagination for a holiday bar crawl or your weekly vino night with the ladies. For maximum impact, style it with a dainty layered chain necklace, a studded leather moto jacket and a denim button-front skirt.
3. Reformation Aerin Bodysuit ($168): We’re all about that “trying, but not trying too hard” vibe that cool girls everywhere have got down these days. We’re also partial to looking our best without having to sacrifice comfort. Meet the swoon-inducing silk bodysuit that will be on repeat — it’s safe to say you’ll never want to take it off. Offset the deep-V neckline with a body chain for a look that exudes confidence the moment you enter the room.
4. Forever 21 Cutout One-Shoulder Bodysuit ($28): Cutouts and a little one-shoulder action? We’re so there. It’s all about the details as far as this come-hither bodysuit is concerned. Round out your Gatsby party-inspired look with a fancy crystal choker, sparkly ankle booties and a faux fur overcoat that reads HBIC.
5. Topshop Petite Stripe Bow Back Body ($45): Hold just a second. Before you write off bodysuits as solely for the fashion-forward crowd, we recommend you check out this lovely striped one-piece — complete with an ivory bow and scoop back, no less! — that’s more sweet than risqué. Style it with a swishy accordion pleat skirt or even black culottes for a soiree-ready look.
6. Tobi Laced in Love Bodysuit ($50): Between the lace-up front and romantic lace, we’re downright smitten with this tasteful bodysuit that will look exquisite with anything from high-waisted black shorts to a sequin embellished mini skirt. Something tells us that suede OTK boots won’t be too far behind.
7. Reformation Montgomery Bodysuit ($78): We imagine Beyoncé would reach for this sleek black bodysuit, featuring a revealing cutout and choker-inspired neckline, for a world tour or some equally fabulous Hollywood premiere. *Adds to cart without hesitation for a season of hot-to-trot #OOTDs.* TBH, we’re down for anything that looks this foolproof with plain ol’ cropped denim flares.
8. Forever 21 Caged Plunging Bodysuit ($45): Don’t be silly: You’re in dire need of a bodysuit that puts the va-va in the voom. For a look that’s appropriate for the p.m., style this halter-neck number featuring a caged front and a scandalous open back with a velvet choker and vintage distressed Levis. You may want to reach for some Doc Martens and a sporty bomber for a stint downtown.
9. Topshop Petite Lace Racerback Bodysuit ($50): If there’s one trend we couldn’t get enough of this year, it’s sporting lingerie-esque pieces beyond the bedroom. This semi-sheer wine-hued lace bodysuit with a racer back deserves to be put on display. With a borrowed-from-the-boys denim jacket and metallic ankle-strap heels in tow, you’ll be ready to bust out a move on the dance floor.
10. Reformation Cutout Ribbed Jersey Bodysuit ($120): Reformation makes getting all gussied up for a holiday fête look easy — almost too easy. Proceed to swipe-right for this black cold-shoulder jersey bodysuit that will make even plain old rolled-up boyfriend jeans look like serious business. We’re calling it now: Pointed-toe mid-heel ankle boots and an edgy ear cuff will be in order.
11. Missguided Black Cross Black Glitter Bodysuit ($40): The holiday season is the one time of the year besides New Year’s Eve when glitter is practically considered a neutral. Between the conservative mock-neck style and playful criss-cross back, this sparkly bodysuit is begging to be styled with some vibrant fuchsia mules and a bold red lip for a head-turning look.
12. H&M Lace Bodysuit ($40): So fierce, we almost can’t handle it. Don’t you dare underestimate the power of this sultry lace bodysuit that could pass for a black tie affair (or three). Proceed to toss on a tuxedo jacket, black distressed skinnies and lace-up ghillies for the ultimate after-hours-approved getup.
13. H&M Bodysuit With Printed Design ($15): Nothing to wear for an upcoming tacky sweater party, you say? Nonsense. Ditch the itchy knits altogether for this cheeky candy-cane bodysuit that will set you apart from the crowd. Team it alongside a plush red Santa hat and a high-waisted red fit-and-flare skirt for a look that brings the fa-la-las.
14. Topshop Tall Long Sleeve Ruffle Bodysuit ($40): Can you say werk it? Girl, we’re rooting for you. This sexy ruffled off-the-shoulder bodysuit with a Bardot neckline ticks all the boxes (and then some) for all your seasonal needs. It’s DDG enough for a holiday-themed date night function, glam enough for playing hostess with the mostest and sassy enough for a ladies’ night out. Although the styling possibilities are endless, we’re partial to how it looks teamed with a metallic mini skirt and dazzling statement earrings.
15. Zara Shiny Fabric Bodysuit ($26): No more excuses: With this strappy bronze bodysuit on standby, it’s impossible to look anything less than fabulous. All it takes is a pair of high-waisted mom jeans, some chandelier earrings and a set of sparkly flats for a look that’s ready to mingle under the mistletoe.
16. Out from Under Crushed Velvet Clara Bodysuit ($39): Perfect for heading out into the blustery cold or, you know, just staying toasty inside with hot cocoa by the fire, this crushed velvet rose-hued bodysuit is what lazy-girl dreams are made of. You’ll never get tired of pairing it with leather pants, your fave concert-going flares or an oversized knit cardigan and knee-high socks for a bombshell look. Either way, the seductive peekaboo neckline isn’t for the overly modest.
17. Topshop Metallic Body ($40): C’mon, not even you can deny how utterly perfect this metallic green bodysuit is for the holiday shuffle. It’ll dazzle on the dance floor, spread holiday cheer during your commute and earn you street MVP status when styled with a fuzzy topper and platform heels. It’s the anything-but-basic basic your party-ready capsule wardrobe has been waiting for.
18. Express Fitted Long Sleeve Essential Shirt Bodysuit ($55): If your jam-packed work sched has any say in the matter, then you will be working overtime on at least one occasion this holiday season. When an outfit switcheroo isn’t in order, keep things HR-approved with this unassuming button-down-turned-bodysuit in disguise that will hold you down for your nine-to-five and five-to-nine. Tuck some going-out heels under your desk and dial up the drama with a sleek ponytail for a look that says boardroom to cocktails.
Which of these bodysuits are you dying to snag for the holiday season? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.